Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Waves (2019), is a problematic film the trailer doesn't really tell you what the film is about and you have a reason for that. Waves is basically two stories it's about a brother and sister one is an issue film the other is a character study. Telling a two arc story is fascinating because it's so unusual. The best way I can describe this is imagine every 90's afterschool special thrown together in a pot and that's Waves.

John Wick was actually the last movie I saw. Been really busy since then...but most of Keanu Reeves' movies will get a 10 out of 10 from me.

Parabellum...the 2nd John Wick

Waves (2019), is a problematic film the trailer doesn't really tell you what the film is about and you have a reason for that. Waves is basically two stories it's about a brother and sister one is an issue film the other is a character study. Telling a two arc story is fascinating because it's so unusual. The best way I can describe this is imagine every 90's afterschool special thrown together in a pot and that's Waves.

Can't wait for this to be released next month. Trey Schults is a serious talent.

Welcome to the human race...
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker -

shout-out to everyone who had me convinced this was going to be the worst one in the series, I couldn't have done this without you

Is it just me, or is this year is turning out to be a great year for Hollywood? Not since 2011 at least!

Don't care much about the dolla dolla thing. Just saying about the general quality of the films. The first year Marvel/DC eased off in about 5-6 years and the quality instantly went up.

Proud Mary
I liked the action and Taraji is very good in the title role.
The Fantastic Lady
A solid drama about a transgender person who faces lots of difficult situations after her boyfriend accidentaly dies.
Mythica - The Darkspore
I liked this low budget swords and scorcery flick.
Mythica - The Necromancer
Not as good as the Darkspore but it was okay.

Drive (2011)

Still amazing, the calculated way "Driver" goes about his business.

Strong

Here's one of those movies I was talking in the other thread, that I don't know why I like it, would I still like it if it were with a less atractive male that happens to be a kind of shy lone wolf? Like I said: we want someone to tell us it's okay, and if it's Ryan Gosling the better.

Here's one of those movies I was talking in the other thread, that I don't know why I like it, would I still like it if it were with a less atractive male that happens to be a kind of shy lone wolf? Like I said: we want someone to tell us it's okay, and if it's Ryan Gosling the better.
Funny how we like or defend about the films we like. Ryan Gosling was great in this ultimately I contend. Strong and silent (ish) and workmanlike in a few scenes....but double denem'id up which is always a plus

Really liked it but I need to watch it again. I did it in two parts (hate doing that) because I was dumb enough to start it way too late at night to get through the entire film in one sitting. Something that really stood out is how funny it was in spots. Wasn't prepared for that so it was a nice surprise. Only seen three Kurosawa films so far but they always blow me away with how they look and are filmed. It's the same feeling I get when I watch Citizen Kane or Metropolis.

and

Highlight of this was seeing all the actors, actresses in it that would actually go on to do something good or at least better. I knew it wasn't gonna be that great when the kid saw Santa (his Dad) getting it on with his Mom, which of course traumatized him, and began running up the endless stairs. Where the heck do they live? Nakatomi Plaza? Takes too long to get going and then the kills are pretty blah except for the axe scene. That was okay.

The Grinch (2018)

I knew I wouldn't really like Cumberbatch as the Grinch's voice, but luckily the animation was so enjoyable to watch. The story introduced a couple new elements that were fun, and I think there is enough here to warrant a re-watch between the original cartoon and the Jim Carrey version.

A Rainy Day in New York (2019)

Enjoyable romantic comedy with a caustic edge. It's pretty predictable as the characters are somewhat by the book but well played nonetheless. Great to see Diego Luna in a main part.

Danny is a leader of a gang. His girlfriend convinces him to give up the gang life so he quits. After he quits a couple of dudes kill his girlfriend (with golf clubs). Danny, his life shattered, hits the bottle, the straw, the needle, pretty much anything he can get his hands until he hits rock bottom where a former associate finds him and helps Danny get his stuff together. Then it's a revenge trip. Ugly looking movie ala Last House on the Left, pretty bad technically, bad acting, a tad too long, lots of pretty good violence, some surprisingly decent gore fx and actually not that bad of a story as long as you can ignore the rest of the badness. Right Danny?
Went to add this to my watchlist but it turns out it's already there.

Black Killer (1971)

Came across this spaghetti with Klaus Kinski yesterday and knew I had to try it. It's got it's cool ways and that grimy and nasty way that I like. Unfortunately it's mediocre at best.

Behind the Candelabra (2013)

The performances are decent but the "story", as it is, really is turgid.

[

The Report (2019)

I actually enjoyed this one a lot, much more than The Post with Tom Hanks. It was very credible, engaging, and I'd highly recommend it whether you are liberal or conservative. Adam Driver is fantastic as usual, and it certainly makes you think hard about your stance on the subject matter.