Snapshots of History.

Tools    

Regent’s Park was bombed at the same time, but, yes, this is Hyde Park with the bodies of the dead horses. A heinous crime.

Joseph L. Manckiewicz with two famous actors on the set of which '60s Hollywood film?

It was going to be two films, made at the same time. They were to be called, Caesar and Cleopatra & Antony and Cleopatra. Each was to be about 3 hours long and enough material was shot of 6 hours, but the film was cut to 4 hours and released as Cleopatra. I reviewed this film here at MoFo. That's Liz and Burt.

@Citizen Rules, is that Speer far right?
I don't know who the Snotazies were. I'll give it to Doc, it's a super weapon that wasn't used much.

The Schwerer Gustav was a massive railway artillery cannon that was developed to break the French’s Maginot line of defenses. It saw limited use in the war.

Sinking of the Andrea Doria?

What groundbreaking event involving this barn animal was important in history, and also in regards to a famous country/western singer?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What groundbreaking event involving this barn animal was important in history, and also in regards to a famous country/western singer?

Dolly the Sheep was the first cloned animal, and she was named after country music singer Dolly Parton.

Perfect answer ! Because she was cloned from a mammary gland cell, some creative thinker at the U of Edinburgh decided to name her after the lady who was notable for....for..well... for ...a couple of things. Lol

Your turn @gbgoodies

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Perfect answer ! Because she was cloned from a mammary gland cell, some creative thinker at the U of Edinburgh lab decided to name her after the lady who was notable for....for..well... for ...a couple of things. Lol

Your turn @gbgoodies

I'm not much of a history person, so someone else can take my turn. (I think I only knew that answer because of Dolly Parton.)

OPEN FLOOR.

I'll go.

What are they doing?

It's two women lifting a block of ice. But I don't know why women are doing it, nor what they're doing with in. This was obviously before electric refrigeration.

It's two women lifting a block of ice. But I don't know why women are doing it, nor what they're doing with in. This was obviously before electric refrigeration.
That's all I know too. Your turn.

Could reason women are doing this be due to men at WW1?
I don't know. But you're correct on the time frame, it is 1918, so maybe it's because of WW1.

It looks like a poised photo to me. The girl on the right, looks like she's wearing make up, which is out of place for the time. I wonder if that was from a movie?

You can post one.