The MoFo Top 100 of the Fifties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

100. The Man with the Golden Arm
99. Big Deal on Madonna Street

Decent start. Not my favourites but they have their place.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Haven't seen either. Didn't start watching for this in earnest until close to the deadline so I didn't watch nearly as many as I might have and I pretty much stuck with well known and highly regarded films.

Thought for sure I had House of Wax on my list but I guess not. Glad it made it without me.

Thought Marty would be higher. Solid film with a great performance by Borgnine, there's few more likeable characters in film than Marty. Didn't vote for it.

Only seen the remake of House of Wax. Twas garbage.

Nice presentation Raul! I love the faded around the edges look for your top photos.

Marty...way too low! I've seen both of those and Marty almost made my list. House of Wax is great fun, but not on my list.

Just noticed i have House of Wax crossed off the horror list, must have just took it as the remake and crossed it off without thinking/looking. Think i'm going to watch it later instead of taking it off.

Thanks for doing all the graft and getting the show on the road - much appreciated!

Pretty sure I've seen Marty a long time ago, didn't get around to revisiting it. Watched House Of Wax last month and it's ok but wasn't ever in contention for me.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It started and already two films I have to watch...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I haven't seen House of Wax in many years. I used to like it when I was little.

I believe it was a short time before I was intentionally watching 50's movies that I happened upon Marty. I liked it ok.

Looking good Raul