The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like The Little Mermaid, but it never really had a chance on my list. There are far too many Disney films that are better than it, and many of those didn't make my list either.

I'm glad to see it made the countdown, but I'm surprised to see it this high on the list.

Disney's Aladdin and Toy Story have the most nostalgia for me

Thanks, Spaulding, that was... um, interesting.

As a reminder to everybody, this thread has been nominated for Best Thread in the 2014 MoFies. So when you cast your votes, make sure you vote for it!

Also I'm up for Best Avatar, Most Controversial, and Would like To Be Standed on A Desert Island with, so don't forget to vote for me there as well!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I had The Little Mermaid at #19 - great songs, colorful animation, a super villain in Ursula and cute sidekicks. I didn't vote for Kiki for the tourney, but our family loved it so much we named our Akita puppy Kiki a few years ago.

Thanks, Spaulding, that was... um, interesting.

As a reminder to everybody, this thread has been nominated for Best Thread in the 2014 MoFies. So when you cast your votes, make sure you vote for it!

Also I'm up for Best Avatar, Most Controversial, and Would like To Be Standed on A Desert Island with, so don't forget to vote for me there as well!
And people think I'm so into myself.

" . . . And I don't think you want that. I don't think you want that at all."
I actually think you look better that way.

I had Kiki's Delivery Service at #18.

My first Asian!

I also had The Little Mermaid at #4.

ON MY LIST:

2. Sleeping Beauty
4. The Little Mermaid
5. A Scanner Darkly
6. Yellow Submarine
8. All Dogs Go To Heaven
9. 101 Dalmatians
10. The Jungle Book
13. Lady and the Tramp
18. Kiki's Delivery Service
24. Bambi
25. Grace (one pointer)

I love that SC voted for both of today's movies, yet has nothing to say about them.
Give me a minute!

Originally I almost sent in a list of practically ALL Asian movies just to be funny, but then I changed my mind and just went with one I had really seen.

The prince in The Little Mermaid -- Prince Eric -- kinda reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaal.

I can't find a great matching picture, but trust me, he could play that prince in human form.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	prince eric.jpg
Views:	2096
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	19142   Click image for larger version

Name:	jake-gyllenhaal-5.jpg
Views:	2040
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	19143  

The Little Mermaid was my number 3. Kinda surprised it is this low. Oh well. It made it.

1. Frozen
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Heavy Metal
11. Fantastic Planet
13. Bevis and Butthead Do America
21. Bambi
23. The Lady and the Tramp

Lord High Filmquisitor
I've sadly never seen Kiki's Delivery Service (my brother got it from Netflix a while back, but I had other plans that night). It's one of the few Miyazaki's that I still need to see to complete his filmography (and I already have plans to do just that this year). The Little Mermaid is great. Like a lot of people mentioned, I am a little (but only a little) surprised to see it quite so high, even if it is a great Disney film (maybe my seventh or eighth favorite from their animation studio). I didn't vote for it, but am happy to see it make the list.

Others had The Little Mermaid higher on their list than me (I had it at the bottom at #25) but it doesn't mean I don't love it. Great Disney movie and one that, when it was released, made me want to see the older ones again. Great animation and super show-stopping tune with "Under the Sea."

I remember my first Asian, expensive but worth every penny.
Expensive??? I thought they cost, like, $5.

Was it Miss Vicky? I could imagine her overcharging.

I've sadly never seen Kiki's Delivery Service (my brother got it from Netflix a while back, but I had other plans that night)
Uh-huh. I think if I can make plans to see it, so can you!