The MoFo Top Comic Book & Graphic Novel Movies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'm not understanding. Lists around here seem to be 100. Surely making this one 50 would be more arbitrary? I posted a preference with a reason for keeping it the standard length.
I think the issue stems from thinking of 100 as a "standard" length. There's nothing special about it, though--it's just a round number that works pretty well given what's being measured in the other lists. Switching that to 50 (or anything else) is only arbitrary if there's not a sensible reason for doing so. In this case, the reason would be to roughly correlate the list size to the pool of total films to choose from. You would never do a top 100 of February, 1992, for example.

I get your preference and your reasoning for it (though again, you'd hear about the films either way), I just don't see why it would become null and void at 100. The sentiment only makes sense, I think, if you're actually balancing that reasoning against others.

100 meant I had to put together hours and hours of photoshopping posters...

50 would have just been lazy.

I'm putting the wooden spoon away before I get into trouble.

I do think a Top 50 or even a Top 25 would have been better. The issue is the fact that you started collecting lists from people for this back in 2010, so after all of that wait, we might as well see 100 films. If it had been a Top 50 or Top 25, the list collection time period should have been much shorter.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm with everyone. It shouldnt be 100. And this has nowhere near the quality to be able to be posted as a MOFO list because, frankly, there's going to be tons of crap.

I'm with everyone. It shouldnt be 100. And this has nowhere near the quality to be able to be posted as a MOFO list because, frankly, there's going to be tons of crap.
Big deal. There's tons of crap on the other lists, most of it gong worthy. This fits right in.

Oh please. You of all people I expected to agree with me.
This is a fun list put on by my good pal, Rodent. There should be some good stuff coming along. I think it's great that he did this. This is the kind of thing where those never heard of Asian things belong -- on a less serious list. Rodent's doing it right, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's great that this has worked out the way it has. I can't wait until we start seeing some movies I voted for.

I haven't seen any of the last 4, but I'm interested in seing From Up On Poppy Hill

I'm averaging a solid
from what I've seen so far. That's pretty good

OK, I've only seen one ...

I think the issue stems from thinking of 100 as a "standard" length. There's nothing special about it, though--it's just a round number that works pretty well given what's being measured in the other lists. Switching that to 50 (or anything else) is only arbitrary if there's not a sensible reason for doing so. In this case, the reason would be to roughly correlate the list size to the pool of total films to choose from. You would never do a top 100 of February, 1992, for example.

I get your preference and your reasoning for it (though again, you'd hear about the films either way), I just don't see why it would become null and void at 100. The sentiment only makes sense, I think, if you're actually balancing that reasoning against others.
I'll get back to you. So far I've only got:

1. Reservoir Dogs

Actually, looks like that was released in January

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
great posters, rodent

and having 100 will give me a chance to hear of alot of flicks i would have never heard of, or seen, is a great lil bonus.
Much like many films i come across here

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It doesn't necessarily have to put up as a top 100 for a MoFo list. Yoda could just use whatever the top 50 will be. I would just like this to be included in some way because I like having varied stuff up there.

Too bad there would never be enough interest for a creature feature list. That would be fantastic.

I hope they include all of it if it goes to the lists section because I know Batman & Robin is coming.

Too bad there would never be enough interest for a creature feature list. That would be fantastic.
YES.

I wanna do a Top something. I just wonder what my theme should be.