18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Anyway, I'll probably join but am debating on what to nominate. I've never gone into one of these with a strong eye on winning and I don't intend to start that now, so I probably won't post a list for consideration. I'll just go with whatever my gut tells me, like usual.
Me too, I don't try to pick a film with the intent to win. Heck I don't always vote my own movie as my #1 on my voting ballot. I usually pick something that I want to watch, and that I believe in, and think it's worthy of being nominated...with the hope at least someone will like it.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Seance on a Wet Afternoon
The Little Stranger
Forbidden Planet
That Hamilton Woman
Were those meant as your 5 potential noms? I didn't comment as I though they were just examples.

I've not seen two of those. One I haven't seen in the longest time, but did like it....And I had considered nominating two of them myself, hell maybe I still will!....Probably not hard to guess which one's they are.

So... now what. Sorry, do I just nominate one of the movies in my list after people have given their feedback? Like, whichever one was received the best?

Wait a few days for more feedback and once you feel strongly about one or the other PM me your nom.

It's your call

So... now what. Sorry, do I just nominate one of the movies in my list after people have given their feedback? Like, whichever one was received the best?
You choose a movie to nominate and then send that to siddon in a private message. After sign ups, siddon will post the nominations and set a deadline. Everyone who is participating will have to watch and write up all of the nominated movies. Once you're done watching and writing them up, you send siddon a list of all of the nominated movies in ranked order from best to worst via private message. We are usually given one week per nominated movie to get this done. More specific rules are in the first post of the thread.

Were those meant as your 5 potential noms? I didn't comment as I though they were just examples.

I've not seen two of those. One I haven't seen in the longest time, but did like it....And I had considered nominating two of them myself, hell maybe I still will!....Probably not hard to guess which one's they are.

Yeah those were my five, you can take the two that you want I've got two replacements

Love and Mercy (2015) and Touch of Evil (1958)

Just do the list and see what happens more information isn't worse than less information.

Yeah those were my five, you can take the two that you want I've got two replacements

Just do the list and see what happens more information isn't worse than less information.
Haven't seen Touch of Evil but I thought Love and Mercy was very good.

All right, now that I better understand what is going on, here is my new, revised list of possible nominees:

Jaws
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Ben-Hur
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2001: A Space Odyssey

I was joking in that I wasn't going to take one of your noms but serious that I like them good enough to have considered them for other HoFs. I have a list of like 300 or more movies that I consider so lots of the well known films are on my maybe list. Like Touch of Evil! But no I was going to nominate it. I have my nom picked out it's something most haven't seen, I'm pretty sure of that.

All right, now that I better understand what is going on, here is my new, revised list of possible nominees:
Jaws
Ben-Hur
2001: A Space Odyssey

Ben-Hur wouldn't be eligible, it's too long and doesn't meet the time requirements.
Ben-Hur is 212 minutes, Siddon said 220 minutes and under, so it would qualify.

I think we should go back to the original 240 minutes or under rule for the next HoF, there's a number of movies that aren't allowed otherwise.

Jaws
These are good but I respect them more than I like them.

Ben-Hur
I hate this movie.

I liked this one a lot when I was a kid, but when I watched it as an adult I didn't like it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Snow White would be a solid animation for a General HoF and the others are worthwhile, @ahwell

and with @Siddon's list:

Raiders of the Lost Ark -- always a fav
Seance on a Wet Afternoon -- have not seen
The Little Stranger -- haven't seen
Forbidden Planet -- surprisingly a good ole Sci Fi film I STILL haven't sat down and watched
That Hamilton Woman -- good flick, been a long time since I've seen it

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Hello all, I know that I have had a shaky past when it comes to HoFs, but I was recently reminiscing about my glory MoFo days and am considering joining this. Assuming that you guys will let me.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Eh, I'm not trying to be mean but if I remember correctly there were multiple HOFs you didn't finish and idk if I want to join if there's too many questionable nominees that won't finish. Of course, I'm not host so my opinion is worth nothing.

@Siddon-
Raiders is the only one I've seen- it's pretty good, not one of my favorites.

Hello all, I know that I have had a shaky past when it comes to HoFs, but I was recently reminiscing about my glory MoFo days and am considering joining this. Assuming that you guys will let me.

Yup just keep in mind

1 movie the first 2 weeks
2 movies the first month
4 movies the first 6 weeks

I'm hoping for a higher quality of nom's so hopefully it would inspire people to not drop out

Also what films are you thinking of?

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Would it be possible for me to just be an honorary member, and people won't have to watch my movie until I've watched all of the other noms.

Also no hard feelings against anyone who doesn't want me in the HoF I've committed to these things and not followed through at least 3 times it's totally understandable.

Would it be possible for me to just be an honorary member, and people won't have to watch my movie until I've watched all of the other noms.

Also no hard feelings against anyone who doesn't want me in the HoF I've committed to these things and not followed through at least 3 times it's totally understandable.

Well that's going to likely happen anyways...what's your film you're thinking of nominating?