Hello101's 200 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

You're already unhappy with your last list? It's only been what, three months or something? Not that I'm complaining. I enjoy these lists, especially ones that go beyond 50 or 100, since we tend to get a more interesting selection of films.

Out of those first three, I've only seen One Hour Photo. Very good movie. Very creepy. Possibly my favorite non-comedic Robin Williams performance.

The Good Girl doesn't really interest me, but The Believer looks good. I'll add it to my watch list.

197. The Mummy (1999)

The Mummy is a ridiculously fun action-adventurer. Not very serious in its approach and that's what makes It work. The brother Jonathon had me laughing at his foolery.

196. Ever After (1998)

A very good update on an age-old tail, Drew Barrymore is typical but suited as the role calls for her melodramatic nature. Bit of modern and medieval elements thrown in and all in all, an excellent adaption.

I'm not much of a fan of Ever After, despite Drew, because I just don't like fairy tales. Not that that's stopped me watching it a couple of times. I've not seen The Mummy.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Didn't mind The Mummy, pretty entertaining movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Nice! Will definitely be following your list. So far I've only seen The Mummy but I'm quite interested in The Believer.

I like The Mummy and One Hour Photo, but just a little.

I'm interested in seeing The Believer and The Good Girl.

I have the DVD for Ever After because my wife loves it. I've never seen it.

I have the DVD for Ever After because my wife loves it. I've never seen it.
you should watch it... it will make HK happy!

195. Alien: Resurrection (1997)

Alien: Resurrection may be the weakest of the series (not counting the AVPS) but it's still a heap of fun, mainly thanks to Ron Perlman, Winona Ryder and mutant Sigourney Weaver. Special Effects are the tops.

194. Napoleon Dynamite (2004)

After a few watches, I've actually grown fond of the offbeat, nihilistic humor that I first despised in Napoleon Dynamite. These laughs are not ones that make you burst out loud, but those that make you snigger and get funnier the more you think about them.

I saw The Mummy in theaters when I was a kid. I loved it back then. I haven't watched it in many years, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy it. Most modern blockbusters are missing that adventurous spirit that made The Mummy so much fun. Having recently watched the Boris Karloff original, I can say that Brendan Fraser's version blows it out of the sand.

Not seen Ever After. It doesn't look too appealing.

In preparation for Prometheus, which was one of my most anticipated movies in recent memory (and thus one of my biggest disappointments), I re-watched each film in the series during the days leading up to its theatrical release. I had never before watched Alien: Resurrection, so I was stunned by how downright awful it is. Even the terrible Alien vs. Predator movies are better than that garbage.

Napoleon Dynamite is hilarious. I don't hear much about it anymore, but I still have tons of quotes from it in my head that make me chuckle.

Two poor films for me there. I only made it 45 minutes into Napolean Dynamite, but I was only watching it because a friend put it on. I'd have watched it all if she hadn't turned it off, but I doubt I'd have been any more invested or interested by the end of it than I was at the start or when we turned it off.

Winona Ryder and the look of the film is the only good thing about that Alien film. That said, it's still better than Aliens.

193. MouseHunt (1997)

A childhood favourite, MouseHunt is still the film to put on when you're bored. It doesn't require an ounce moment of thought, just sit back and enjoy its characters and laugh at its implausibility.

192. End of Days (1999)

End Days is extremely dark unlike most Arnie-Actioners and the action itself is quite restrained but don't fear, the story will have you compelled as will the nerve-trickling score. Arnold is very good as Jericho but the real star of the show is Gabriel Byrne in his frightening portrayal of The Devil.

191. A Time To Kill (1996)

Despite some stereotypes, A Time To Kill is worth it for Matthew's hearty performance, a moving story and to watch the only other Joel Schumacher you'll ever need to.

I think End of Days is awesome, and I quite like A Time to Kill.

I only like the first 2 Alien movies and haven't seen Napolean Dynamite or Mousehunt.

198. The Believer (2001)

I reckon this trumps American History X because even though Gosling and Norton's performances are equally great. The Believer has more of a natural message and doesn't shove "the hate is bad" slogan down the viewer's throat. Also, the choice to dabble into the Jewish religion and its texts strengthen the film's basis and allows it to stands up against further rewatches. Powerful film with a striking ending.

for A Time to Kill, but I think there's a lot more to like than just McConaughey's performance. I mean just look at that cast:

Matthew McConaughey
Samuel L. Jackson
Sandra Bulllock
Kevin Spacey
Kiefer Sutherland
Donald Sutherland
Oliver Platt
Ashley Judd

Quite a line up

My net is currently too slow and won't load images but here are the next three.

190. Gangs of New York (2002)

189. Clockers (1995)

188. Bad Boys (1995)