Mofo Nominees: 1963

Tools    

Fortunately I've seen all 10 so I just voted. My top 7 made the final 10. The other 3 I voted for were The Silence, This Sporting Life, and Shock Corridor.
It's a shame This Sporting Life never made the list , I voted for that too, it's a really good film

I figured that delaying one more week is kinda pointless as I already know the winner from the nominees list, I'm just going to reveal and allow the 60s tournament to continue.

The Winner is (with a 42 point total)....

HUD
oh is that it? I never even voted on the final 10. Does that mean Hud was so far ahead that anyone else voting wouldn't have affected it?

Am I wrong in assuming that a 1st place vote nets a film 5 points? If not, then at least 9 people would've had to have voted for Hud already, only a couple days into voting. That doesn't seem realistic. Naming a winner isn't the only objective here either; it's also to get people to watch these movies. What this says is don't bother watching the movies because your vote doesn't matter. What if someone ordered a couple DVDs to watch this weekend, like I normally do for these tournaments? Outrageous!

Am I wrong in assuming that a 1st place vote nets a film 5 points? If not, then at least 9 people would've had to have voted for Hud already, only a couple days into voting. That doesn't seem realistic. Naming a winner isn't the only objective here either; it's also to get people to watch these movies. What this says is don't bother watching the movies because your vote doesn't matter. What if someone ordered a couple DVDs to watch this weekend, like I normally do for these tournaments? Outrageous!
I based the final votes off the nominees list, Hud had the most votes in total. 12 people sent in lists, I think that's a fair assessment without needing to go into final voting. I'm sorry if someone ordered DVDs for the event, I was under the impression everyone "obtained" their copies. Chill out cricket, 1964 coming up, party like it's your last day on earth.

Did you take into account that people will have to vote for movies they didn't vote for before? Or the fact that some people will be voting for movies they hadn't seen yet when they submitted their original 10 nominations? By your logic, there's no point in having a second round, which is what happened.

I thought hello101 was still too new to be trusted with this anyway. Someone else should take up the mantle.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Rauld is taking over, but there is no reason why Rauld can't do the second round of 1963 correctly like it was supposed to be done.

I think we should still continue with 1963 and send our top five to Rauld. I also think that Rauld should continue on with all the years until JJ is ready to take back over, if he wants to. That way it will be done consistently every time.