The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Not necessarily "spoiled." It's really just a collection of people using their brains and making assumptions based on whatever education in this subject we have. Besides, anyone can get the next reveal right or wrong. I'd be pretty excited if Jurassic Park ended up in the top ten, but considering the protests toward my prediction I'd say Jaws still at least has a better shot than Jurassic Park.

That's all the fun in the theory, waiting to see what happens next. These discussions are the result of justified hype.
Ah ok, well whatever happens, it happens because why get mad over a community list when you have a list to show off of your own. Atleast we get to reveal our lists of the 25 movies that we picked as ballots after.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The trick is not minding
I've never seen Alice in Wonderland. And I don't think I finished my childhood viewing of Dumbo. They are two of the most blatant blindspots in my viewing habits.
I’m in a similar, but worse off, boat. Older Disney films are a huge blind spot for me, with only a handful (Bambi, Peter Pan, Pinocchio) watched over the years pre 1960.

Ah ok, well whatever happens, it happens because why get mad over a community list when you have a list to show off of your own. At least we get to reveal our lists of the 25 movies that we picked as ballots after.

Getting mad over opinions in general is a terrible idea 99% of the time, especially in something as opinion-oriented as cinema. All that matters is the attitude.

I theorize that based on so many predictions that The Godfather has the highest-chance of gaining the Number 1 spot, but based on lists from around the internet and a certain tourney from MoFo, Pulp Fiction could make it.

Also, has anyone predicted Parasite? The reception is CRAZY. I wouldn't be surprised if it made top 5 here.

The trick is not minding
Referencing Jaws again, Fantasia's a flawless experimental piece that I think warranted as many copycats as Jaws or E.T., but as far as I know there were NONE. Was Fantasia really so unique that there just couldn't be anything like it? I'd love to see more movies like it, and at least somebody gave it a high rating.
Wasn’t AllegroNon Tropo inspired by it?

Referencing Jaws again, Fantasia's a flawless experimental piece that I think warranted as many copycats as Jaws or E.T., but as far as I know there were NONE. Was Fantasia really so unique that there just couldn't be anything like it? I'd love to see more movies like it, and at least somebody gave it a high rating.

My favorite was my one-pointer, and I have no doubts it was never going to come in sniffing distance of this top 100.
Plauge Dogs? Street Fight? Rock and Rule?

I’m in a similar, but worse off, boat. Older Disney films are a huge blind spot for me, with only a handful (Bambi, Peter Pan, Pinocchio) watched over the years pre 1960.

Ive seen a couple more than that, but not lots. Bambi and Pinnochio are good ones not to miss though.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Plauge Dogs? Street Fight? Rock and Rule?
Since it clearly won't be appearing on this list, it was It's Such A Beautiful Day. Also the only movie on my list I've seen once. I know it's a keeper.

The trick is not minding
Ive seen a couple more than that, but not lots. Bambi and Pinnochio are good ones not to miss though.
Liked both, prefer Bambi. Alas, too many movies, too little time. Time. The scourge of all cinephiles.

All right! Raiders of the Lost Ark was my #10! Love this movie and prefer it over any of the following Indy movies. It's the greatest adventure film of all-time for me. I can't say more than what's been said about or reviewed about this movie, just that it is great and most enjoyable.

19. The Searchers #97
1. To Kill a Mockingbird #85
25. Die Hard #63
14. Rear Window #40
8. It's a Wonderful Life #38
2. Aliens #37
13. The Wizard of Oz #36
9. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back #30
3. Lawrence of Arabia #15
11. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring #11 (same as the list proper)
23, Apocalypse Now #9
10. Raiders of the Lost Ark #8

I agree with the general consensus that Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest adventure film of all time. It didn't make my list, but I'm happy to see it on here. It's a whole lot of fun with no dips in the pacing or momentum as it rolls along. Many scenes from it, including the face melting scene, have been etched into my memory ever since I first saw it as a kid. Not quite my favorite Spielberg (Jaws or Schindler's List are top-tier for me), but of course, that doesn't make it any less magnificent.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest adventure film of all time
I have a hard time defining what an adventure film exactly is but Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress eats any Spielberg alive.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Of Disney’s golden age, Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi are head and shoulders above the rest of the films from that era. Snow White set the bar, Pinocchio made massive technical advances (the underwater scenes alone, my god), and Bambi is a beautiful cinematic poem. The others are fine, but not at the same level (well, except Peter Pan, which, to be blunt, is a bad movie even leaving aside the racism and sexism).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Raiders made my list. It's the perfect adventure film and one I took my wife to see in theatres (not the original run of course).

So where did the other Indiana Jones films end up? I hope Chris doesn't mind me spilling the beans on those movies as we can all agree they are not going to be top ten material.

Temple of Doom was on two lists, 13th and 15th place. Both lists only had Temple of Doom on them and none of the other Jones flicks.

Last Crusade was also on two lists, at the bottom of the pack with it being placed 20th and 22nd.

Neither film cracked the top 300 movies.

I was a little shocked to see Temple of Doom gain more love than Last Crusade. Both films only appear on two lists, but those who love Temple of Doom placed it higher. Unsurprisingly, Crystal Skull had no votes.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
As for animated movies:

Toy Story made the top 100 as we all see. So what was the next closest thing? Was it The Lion King as people seemed to want to believe, or was it more Pixar?

Two other animated movies came close. One was indeed Pixar, the other was a studio ghibli movie. The Pixar movie was 5 spots away.

Lion King wasn't in the top 250.