Die Hard with a Vengeance or Unbreakable?

→ in
Tools    

rats and mice have their chance as will i have mine !!!!! , definitely one of the best in the series.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Definitely Unbreakable for me. It's the only Shyamalan film that's both high-quality and rewatchable (The Sixth Sense is worth exactly 2 watches: one for the twist, and one to see how they hinted at the twist the entire time).

I really liked Die Hard with a Vengeance too. I don't think it was better than the first one, I think the first one is probably the best action film ever made. I've never seen Unbreakable.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Definitely Unbreakable. It's a much more interesting story.

The Die Hard movies are good, but they're all just like all the other action movies out there. The basic storyline is too common.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Die Hard with a Vengenance has always been my favorite of the series. The kenetic pacing and chemistry between Willis and Jackson with Jeremy Irons thrown in. I can vividly recall countless scenes from that movie, but don't really remember much about Unbreakable.

"look around you man , every cop in newyork is off,it's christmas you could steal city hall.!!!!"
one of the best quotes in this movie, great movie, great direction, great pacing,

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Unbreakable I would probably put on my top 20 movies of all time. Die Hard with a Vengeance is a good movie, and possibly the best Die Hard movie, but it's not a masterpiece like Unbreakable.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Die Hard with a Vengeance is a high class stuff.
Only the name of Jeremy Irons is enough to make the movie a classic.

You ready? You look ready.

Need I say more?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sorry, but I honestly don't see what's the point of comparing these two movies; I mean, they obviously have a few of the same actors in common, but that's about it. Also...
The Die Hard movies are good, but they're all just like all the other action movies out there. The basic storyline is too common.
I hope you're just talking about the sequels, because the whole point of the original movie was how different it was from the other Action movies of the time: http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post635718

Also, you can't blame the original film for being superficially similar to so many Action movies that came after it, when they were ripping off Die Hard in the first place; there's a reason why the TV Tropes page for it is called "Die Hard on an X", after all.

Sorry, but I honestly don't see what's the point of comparing these two movies; I mean, they obviously have a few of the same actors in common, but that's about it. Also...I hope you're just talking about the sequels, because the whole point of the original movie was how different it was from the other Action movies of the time: http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post635718

Also, you can't blame the original film for being superficially similar to so many Action movies that came after it, when they were ripping off Die Hard in the first place; there's a reason why the TV Tropes page for it is called "Die Hard on an X", after all.

I wrote that about 7 years ago, so I can't tell you what I was thinking about it at that time, but it was probably just that most action movies seem to be one guy who takes down a bunch of criminals one at a time, until he gets to the last guy, who is always their leader.

But don't go by my opinion about action movies. While I enjoy them, (when they're not too violent), they're not high on my list of favorite genres. I'll watch rom-coms and musicals over action movies any day.

I wrote that about 7 years ago, so I can't tell you what I was thinking about it at that time, but it was probably just that most action movies seem to be one guy who takes down a bunch of criminals one at a time, until he gets to the last guy, who is always their leader.
Yeah, but that's because a lot of those movies are taking after Die Hard, and, while it wasn't the first big single location Action movie (hello, Assault On Precinct 13), it was still the movie that did the most to popularize that particular formula anyway, so it's not that its too similar to other movies in the genre, it's that other Action movies are too similar to it. It's like complaining that Halloween is too similar to all the Slasher movies that came after in its footsteps, you know?

Yeah, but that's because a lot of those movies are taking after Die Hard, and, while it wasn't the first big single location Action movie (hello, Assault On Precinct 13), it was still the movie that did the most to popularize that particular formula anyway, so it's not that its too similar to other movies in the genre, it's that other Action movies are too similar to it. It's like complaining that Halloween is too similar to all the Slasher movies that came after in its footsteps, you know?

I understand what you're saying, but FYI, horror movies are lower on my genre list than action movies, so comparing anything to the movie Halloween is useless for me.