scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head
YES.

GREASE!

Welcome to the human race...
Honestly, I'm a little surprised that I didn't think of Blues Brothers 2000. That's about as unnecessary as movies get.

That's quite interesting considering it's seen as one of the more popular sequels. Would you say you'd have preferred it to be a spin-off as it wasn't worthy of the franchise name? Or not made altogether?
I understand what you're saying here, but I think Aliens has a lot more re-watch appeal than the first film.

The cynical part of me thinks that it's the filmmakers hedging their bets, as it were - if the actual jokes don't make people laugh, then maybe they'll laugh at the actors screwing up takes or making jokes that ironically weren't deemed good enough for the final cut. Trying to think of movies that actually justify having a blooper reel in their credits - so far the only ones I've got are Anchorman and about 80%-90% of Jackie Chan movies.
Agree that the blooper reel at the end of Anchorman is hysterical...actually, most Will Ferrell blooper reels are pretty funny.

This whole recent trend of 10+ years later sequels needs to go away. Comedy sequels in particular often don't work even when they're fresh off the heels of the first one (Ghostbusters 2, anyone?), whose brilliant idea was it to make Anchorman 2 a thing? Nostalgia will only get you so far.

The sequels to cruel intentions were so unnecessary but I would go as far as to say that Cruel intentions should of never been made because it was a rip-off of dangerous liaison's which is a far better film
you should take scream 4 off the list, this sequel was very good, and many agree that it was good, this one should defenitely be off the list.

This whole recent trend of 10+ years later sequels needs to go away. .
I agree so much about remakes.
what bothers me is that they remake movies that are GOOD,they dont
need remakes.they`re just easy money.

I wish remakes were solely for movies that had a good plot,had a good idea but just didnt turn out well for whatever reason.

i wonder when the titanic remake comes along.

you should take scream 4 off the list, this sequel was very good, and many agree that it was good, this one should defenitely be off the list.
Scream 4 was good, but was it necessary? I'm wondering if the topic of this thread is the same as being unnecessary...I've seen a lot of sequels that were good, but they weren't exactly set up by the first film and I've seen a lot of inevitable sequels that were just plain bad.

Scream 4 was good, but was it necessary? I'm wondering if the topic of this thread is the same as being unnecessary...I've seen a lot of sequels that were good, but they weren't exactly set up by the first film and I've seen a lot of inevitable sequels that were just plain bad.
i wouldn't say if it's necessary but more of a good continuation and maybe ending to this series of films, but saying that it shouldnt never have been made is a long stretch, i mean there are many bad sequels done that didnt deserve to be made, but if it was quality like scream 4 the why not thats why i said that it shouldnt be on the list.

i wouldn't say if it's necessary but more of a good continuation and maybe ending to this series of films, but saying that it shouldnt never have been made is a long stretch, i mean there are many bad sequels done that didnt deserve to be made, but if it was quality like scream 4 the why not thats why i said that it shouldnt be on the list.
I agree with you, I don't think the film applies to this thread either, I guess what I'm saying is that I think the thread is asking the wrong question.

I agree with you, I don't think the film applies to this thread either, I guess what I'm saying is that I think the thread is asking the wrong question.
Yup i guess ur right it is askin the wronf question al together

TERMINATOR 1 & 2 are awesome films. The rest of them are just crap. Always surprises me how the filmmakers of sequels seem to not understand the driving concepts that needs to be preserved to keep the successful soul of the film alive. A cyborg arrives from the future to hunt down a future rebel leader - both 1 & 2 are driven by this concept. And in Terminator 2 - the cyborg is a supportive force and instead we up the conflict with a liquid metal robot - concept preserved. The rest of the films just forgets about what this is about and we head into the future and it just becomes a completely different film altogether, might as well have been called Future War 1 & 2. James Cameron understands what it means to do a sequel, look at the masterful Aliens - how is it even possible to follow up on Alien, who would dare - Aliens is a prime example of preservation of the concept and he instead focus on enhancing the other elements of the story. He's a wise and extremely talented man that James Cameron!