Sequels That Should Never Have Been Made

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Always a bad sign...the blooper reel at the end of Liar, Liar is funnier than the entire movie. Worst blooper reel I've seen after a sequel was Cheaper by the Dozen 2...what is the point of putting a blooper reel at the end of a movie that is not funny at all? You have Smokey 2 here, but I don't think the reel at the end of the first one is too bad.
The cynical part of me thinks that it's the filmmakers hedging their bets, as it were - if the actual jokes don't make people laugh, then maybe they'll laugh at the actors screwing up takes or making jokes that ironically weren't deemed good enough for the final cut. Trying to think of movies that actually justify having a blooper reel in their credits - so far the only ones I've got are Anchorman and about 80%-90% of Jackie Chan movies.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
80%-90% of Jackie Chan movies.
I like those, though they seem to double heavily as behind-the-scenes bits for the stunts.

cruel intentions 2 & 3
i know what you did last summer 2 & 3
scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head

cruel intentions 2 & 3
i know what you did last summer 2 & 3
scream 4
dirty dancing 2
american phsyco 2
basic instinct 2

at the top of my head
Scream 4 is awesome.

scream 4 is just a compilation of all the previous ones? lol
i hated it..didnt get it all..knew who was gonna die and how long before it happened

I don't care if it's been mentioned already or not, A Good Day to Die Hard is a ****ing hate crime against movie goers.
That's the only one I haven't seen.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't care if it's been mentioned already or not, A Good Day to Die Hard is a ****ing hate crime against movie goers.
"Hate crime" is a bit strong for A Good Day to Die Hard. I mean, it's definitely not good by any measure, but to me it's ultimately such a non-entity of a film that I can't bring myself to think of it. I already used up all my anger over bad/unnecessary Die Hard sequels* on Die Hard 4.0 so a fifth one barely registers.

The Matrix Reloaded. Somebody said to me that the best thing this movie did was to lower our expectations for the third Matrix movie.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Scream 3....the first worked because it was a complete send up of the genre and a return of the slasher flick. Scream 2 worked because of a silly but fun plot with some cool twists. The sequels that followed just seemed pointless and by this point you're just sitting there hoping for a couple cameos and the final twist. It became a parody of itself.

In fact, every Pirates of the Carib sequel and anything after Saw 2 should be on the list.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Scream 3....the first worked because it was a complete send up of the genre and a return of the slasher flick. Scream 2 worked because of a silly but fun plot with some cool twists. The sequels that followed just seemed pointless and by this point you're just sitting there hoping for a couple cameos and the final twist. It became a parody of itself.

In fact, every Pirates of the Carib sequel and anything after Saw 2 should be on the list.
Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are awesome man