SilentVamp's Top 50 Songs of The Beatles

Tools    

Thumbs up for Baby You're A Rich Man.

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da is a song I tend to skip when listening to the White Album. Even Paul, who wrote the song, considers it a throwaway. It's a good tune, though.

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da is a song I tend to skip when listening to the White Album. Even Paul, who wrote the song, considers it a throwaway. It's a good tune, though.
Not to be that guy, but I'd like to know where you heard Paul saying it was a throwaway song. He wanted it released as a single at the time. John hated it and hated the crazy number of takes Paul wanted to do on it to get it right, but it was John (supposedly stoned) who started bashing away on the piano and created the faster tempo, which certainly improved it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, Lennon wanted "Revolution 9" (which I like) released as a single, but he was the only one.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Sorry SV, I've only just seen your thread. Every Beatles song has a lorra lorra memories for me, specially the early ones. I imagine it was hard for you to get all your favourites sorted out
Oh, that's OK. I'm glad that you're liking these songs that I have chosen so far. It isn't so hard to come up with the songs that I like the best (these 50 are actually taken from a top 100 list of mine ), but to make sure that they were in the order that I felt they should've been in wasn't an easy task. Although my top 10 is easy because that hasn't changed for years.

Not to be that guy, but I'd like to know where you heard Paul saying it was a throwaway song. He wanted it released as a single at the time. John hated it and hated the crazy number of takes Paul wanted to do on it to get it right, but it was John (supposedly stoned) who started bashing away on the piano and created the faster tempo, which certainly improved it.

Too late. You are that guy, and I hate you for it <jk>

I might be mistaken that Paul himself said it was a throwaway. It's what I believe it to be and hope he thinks of it the same way.

Well, Lennon wanted "Revolution 9" (which I like) released as a single, but he was the only one.

I love John Lennon (I guess my avatar kinda gives that away), and I must admit Revolution 9 is the biggest piece of crap he had ever done. That along with Two Virgins. Maybe it's awesome to some people who like avant-garde, but I call it like I hear it. Crap! The other 3 were right

Thumbs up for I'll Cry Instead and Girl

Keep 'em coming, SilentVamp

I might start my own Top 50 Beatles Songs after I wrap up my Top 50 Bands.

I might start my own Top 50 Beatles Songs after I wrap up my Top 50 Bands.
You should! And then we can see how much different (and probably better) yours is compared to mine.

How easy do you think a list would be for you to make?

You should! And then we can see how much different (and probably better) yours is compared to mine.

How easy do you think a list would be for you to make?

If it's about different, most definitely. If it's about better, it's a no-brainer

This will actually be harder for me to make than the Top 50 Bands. But it shall happen. It will happen.

Stay tuned...

30. We Can Work It Out

I love the song, but I don't know if I just love watching John even more in this video.

Most everyone seems to do some sort of countdown around here. I have yet to give it a try. And today I figured "Why not?". But what kind of countdown?

Well, there are enough director and film countdowns right now. So, I won't get into any of that any time soon. The TV one is very intriguing (I watch a lot of TV!), but that can wait, too.

I actually have a notebook with a bunch of lists for different things that I created a few years ago. These lists were generally created out of sheer boredom. I spent a lot of time sitting around in the hospital (for someone else - not me). And then I just started to create various lists. Over the years I updated them or changed some around.

I was looking through the lists the other day and saw The Beatles. And that is the one that I decided to use. I have been on a Beatle kick, anyway, lately.

The original list is actually longer than this will be, but I didn't want to get carried away.

Just letting you know now that there are 2 songs that will NOT be on this list:
Yesterday
Michelle

I hate them.

I know a lot of my choices won't be songs that are universally liked, but I don't care because I like them.

So, let's begin!
Relieved that those are excluded. I love/hate yesterday, as I do Paul. ok, not hate...let's just say that...nothing.
Can i do my list? It will be almost all John...

fave song-don't let me down, album-let it be

I'm not sure, but I think yoko wanted no9 out as well.