The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

I know what you're all asking: is Yoda as good in real life as he is on here? Answer: even better. It was refreshing to "debate" with a familiar intellect in the super-fluid mode of a conversation.

As for Black Swan: π wannabe much?

A couple of hours after? What did you guys do in the meantime? Did you convince him capitalism isn't evil, Chris?
I, unlike Matt, never even said it was "evil" per se, but I do think it requires poverty to some extent, so maybe. Nevertheless, I always understood, and so does Deleuze, why Capitalism works so well. It has produced the largest middle class in the history of the world, but that's modernity for ya. Poverty still exists and it's going to increase as the system hits its limits. Not that it won't respond, but maybe the future is what I am more weary about than the past. In short, it's the way of Capitalism's working that we are supposed to be against.

I also tried to explain that Capitalism is Real, which might clarify some of Matt's points.

My point the whole time was that the communist struggle is now in a kind of latent, theoretical phase in which---after the catastrophes of the 20th century---we must attempt to reformulate the way our hypothesis should fit within our current sociopolitical climate.

Yoda then got me to admit that communism will never be able to compete with Capitalism in terms of the advancement of technologies or science in general. I don't think this is outrageous. Again, Capitalism works extremely, extremely well at most of the things it does.

Most importantly, did you sit side by side or skip a seat in between?
He had the armrest, I think.

As for Black Swan: π wannabe much?
The symbol you used isn't showing up well for me. Are you saying Black Swan is a Pi wannabe?

You ready? You look ready.
I, unlike Matt, never even said it was "evil" per se, but I do think it requires poverty to some extent, so maybe.
Yeah, I should have thought that statement through beforehand because a.) it's going to hurt any arguments I make and b.) it's not necessarily true. I just let passion take control of me, so I was limiting my ways of affecting (i.e. Spinoza is the man). However, I do stand behind the statement that it's fascist and dangerous, which are the words I plan on using from hence forth. Because honestly, how can any economic system truly be "evil" in and of itself? Pure gibberish, I say. Yes, even us philosophy majors can speak gibberish from time to time.

Of course, enough of this talk here. I'm finishing up the post in the thread, so it can continue there. Just felt like addressing that I don't think it's evil, and I just choose my words poorly.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I know what you're all asking: is Yoda as good in real life as he is on here?
I was wondering if you paid adult or teenager rates at the box office.

I was wondering if you are actually proud that you are older than me.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
that would be kinda dumb

pride comes from acomplishment.

Your continued hostility baffles me.

I really didn't know what to read about your last post there, to be honest.

i can see why you douche it up alot online. in the real world you'd be haven dinner through a straw.

now that i know you are just a punk kid. i can apprecciate the lulz for what they are.
This is hostile.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I know what you're all asking: is Yoda as good in real life as he is on here? Answer: even better.
That I never doubted

It was refreshing to "debate" with a familiar intellect in the super-fluid mode of a conversation.

Unregistered Illegal User
Merry Christmas

P.s I know i am late, but better late than never right ?

P.P.s Also i killed Santa

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Great pics Fiscal. You're giving your son something invaluable he will carry with him for the rest of his life.

I am half agony, half hope.
Here I am at the Reagan Library when Slug took me on a field trip.

Johann von Goethe

Fisc those photos are wonderful. I take it your talented wife took them?

Mrs Darcy, you're a fine looking lady!

and Rhoten - very cute