The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Could we possibly have an index on the first page of all the films which made this list? Since it looks like this thread will get thousands of replies, an index will make it easier to find the films which made this list.
Would be handy

Sad to see Seventh Seal didn’t make it. A really solid film that would certainly deserve to be in a top 100. But of course there are so many greats out there...

I have seen both Brazil and Suspiria but I don’t love either. They are good though.

Haven’t seen neither of the new entries...

Pissibly?
A new word to me.
Please don't change it - I kinda like it

Could we possibly have an index on the first page of all the films which made this list? Since it looks like this thread will get thousands of replies, an index will make it easier to keep track of the films.
Yoda said he would do that soon. But agreed, an index really, really helps.

I decided to revisit Enter the Dragon after seeing a post in the watch thread. It could easily collapse into hokey but Bruce makes it work with his intense presence. It works for me because the Hokeness also keeps it from being too serious. It made my list.

Cabaret I watched in 2013 and I'm guessing like Rocky Horror Picture Show, what it was actually about probably flew over my head.

I have never seen cabaret but seen Enter the Dragon, I thought it was alright. can't wait for the next hint for the next two movies

I'm more an All That Jazz kind of guy, but Cabaret is of course an undeniably great film. I really enjoyed Enter the Dragon as well.

4/4 seen so far. 1/25 from my list already appeared.

I haven't seen Cabaret. I'm not that much into musicals, so I don't see that change any time soon either. I've seen Enter the Dragon a long time ago, and I don't have a very clear recollection of it. I do have this image of terrible fight choreographies, matching acting, and just general non-sense though. Maybe I should give Mr. Lee another chance at some point.

Seen 3/4
My list this far:
13: The Seventh Seal (1957) [honorable mention]
25: Poison of the Fairies (1984) [1-pointer]

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Well, no surprise, Cabaret was my #1. Hoped it would be higher but I'm glad it made the countdown. Love it.

"You're about as fatale as an after dinner mint!"

Enter the Dragon is the first film to appear that I have not seen.

3/4 seen, 1/25 from my list

The trick is not minding
China and Hong King cinema for years were built around the Kung fu genre. Lee was the major reason for it. So much so that America soon adopted it, followed by other countries such as Thailand and Vietnam in the 2000’s.
It’s nice to see it’s inclusion here, and totally surprised me.

Sheesh nobody took my bait when I called it a Jackie Chan film. I was hoping to then show his guest appearance as a smartarse. Fail for me.
I started to, but then didn't want to look stupid so I double checked on IMDb and realized you were technically correct.

I have seen Enter the Dragon back in the late 70's - early 80's. It was one of my first martial art films and I don't remember much. Never seen Caberet and not really into 70's films (kind of odd because I was born in the mid-late '60s). I don't mind musicals.. just have no desire to see that one.

Yeah, index coming! Sorry, that was the first casualty of me rushing to finish some things, and as raul mentioned, I wanna do it up nice. Probably not super elaborate, but clean and with some posters and whatnot. Hopefully no later than tomorrow, along with the next two films.