Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I’m with @lenslady, I love birds & their different calls. We have about 6 million crows in our backyard, but their racket doesn’t bother me at all.

I’ve mentioned my Spanish neighbor across the street who takes care of some things at his apartment building. He is fanatical with his leaf blower & can go literally for hours. It’s 3 p.m. here & guessing he will continue until 4.30 at dusk. He has the TINIEST bit of grass to take care of & there are hardly any leaves. This does not stop him since he will go round & round & up & down blowing away non-existent leaves. He does not speak English & I cannot ask him to stop. Not that I probably would anyway as I hate confrontation.

Deciduous trees, the spawn of Satan, strike again!

Colds... I have four days to get my sense of smell and taste back before Christmas dinner and food treats! On the plus side, at least getting a cold a week before Christmas means I will not have it over Christmas week and I didn't pass it on to anyone because I hibernate during the worst of it.

It's annoying because I normally get them when I've been on a bus, decided to walk into town instead of the bus but gave in and got the bus back, someone sounded like they had a cold on the bus and sneezed without covering their mouth and a few days later I got a cold... sigh.

Boiling bus + windows closed + human who doesn't cover mouth during cold = germs GERMS.

That's what I find annoying, people who don't know how to stop spreading their colds, as in cover their mouth and nose when sneezing!

First world problems...

^ That's illegal, well it is here in the UK.

Bought some copper coloured fairy lights last year for the Christmas tree this year, got them on today and they look orange and that makes it look like my Christmas tree is on fire...

Christmas. Not all of it, just the bits where you look forward to it, most of the day itself and especially the period where you look back on it in abject disappointment. It's just soooooooo boring ... same auld rubbish on the telly; same auld family members trotting round for a free hand-out; same auld weather (cold and miserable); same auld gifts that you never even knew you never wanted in the first place; same auld mound of rubbish and weight gain at the end of it. And don't even get me started on the bloody pine needles from yet another arboreal waste of space and that ruddy song that has all manner of sodding birds in it

I do quite like the early morning hours though, when hardly anyone is awake and peace and quiet prevails over the neighbourhood - in that sense I really do wish it could be Christmas every day.

Real time as we speak:

Holiday family get-togethers where eight different people are sitting around staring at their cell phones pretty much since the few minutes after they entered and took their coats off!

And beware trying to engage them in the typical familial banter of "I haven't seen you in a long time, how have you been?" because they will start trying to show you photos on their phone in answer to the question...

...but they'll hold it at an angle where what they're trying to show you is invisible to you or distorted by glare (as you try to politely look at something you can't even see, realizing that this futile feigning of interest is just going to go on indefinitely as they swipe through one photo or video after another, narrating as if they are talking to themselves as someone might who is by them-self and going through an old photo album they've looked at hundreds of times)!

But worse than this is when they start blurting out text messages from their friends (whom you've never even heard of) and describing text, chat or messaging to do with what these people are currently up to, or upcoming plans with them, or future events.

Basically, the message from these relatives (and I use the word only in a biological sense as their ability to relate apparently went extinct with the advent of the I-phone)... whatever they are planning with others on this device or what others are currently doing or texting is far more important than experiencing the here and now, and far far more important than you or any of the other people who are actually present!

At least I still have an old desk top in a separate room on another floor - so I can excuse myself to use the restroom in order to go type this without anyone witnessing my lack of interest in them compared to venting my disdain to a bunch of virtual people (from my POV, anyway) who may only view this message at a later time!

Popped in to a very local bar to see how they’ve refurbished it. Turns out the previous owner’s daughter bought it & nicely rehabbed it. It’s been in situ since WWII.

So I told the owner we own a house half a block away so obviously I’m a potential customer. Nice menu, free wi-fi, fancy coffeemaker, etc., etc. But she was kinda snippy with me & rolled her eyes at some of my questions. She had a friend sitting at the bar & she was the same way too. The owner described her father’s customers as “riff-raff” & drug dealers & doesn’t want them in the place. She’s gotten rid of the pool table, DJ, etc.

So she wants more upscale customers, which I totally get, but doesn’t exactly encourage someone like me who lives right there & is not riff-raff.

Annoying woman & I doubt she will last 40 years like her dad did. But I wish her luck.

Stirch - Don't know why anyone who owns an establishment would treat potential customers that way.

Annoying: having the elastic at the top of your socks wear out! I hate having the feeling of fallen socks huddling down around my ankles - especially on my evening, winter-time walks - I always have one ankle feeling the icy chill where my sock has fallen down!

Relate to the socks problem. I’m too cheap to throw out socks until they have at least one hole in them so I just let the socks sag down to my ankles. As you say, wintertime is hard to do this. Easier in the summer.

Relate to the socks problem. I’m too cheap to throw out socks until they have at least one hole in them so I just let the socks sag down to my ankles. As you say, wintertime is hard to do this. Easier in the summer.
LOL! Yeah, same here - that's why I have the problem - I won't get rid of the socks until they have a hole in them!

LOL! Yeah, same here - that's why I have the problem - I won't get rid of the socks until they have a hole in them!
I must be either a real cheapskate or a complete eejit then as I only ever buy socks which ALREADY have a hole in them; I've always found it impossible to get my feet in them without one

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
^2:32 AM, mindlessly thumbing about the intertubes via phone and I come upon this nugget of silliness, trying to hold in my giggle in fear of waking family in other rooms.

*curtsies*

Dumb ****s on the subway, who after decades still haven't figured out to sit their asses DOWN before the subway departs, as opposed to yanno... LEANING OVER so they fall into their fellow passengers.