Rambo V

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs Sequel Buzz Thread

Rambo V Has Been Greenlit!

He was as bad-ass as ever and at the end, many fans just wanted more. Fortunately, ever since that movie banked $113 million worldwide on a $50 million budget, there’s been talk of another installment.

At the beginning of the year, Stallone talked about it again and mentioned that it’s going to happen and that they were still deciding on where the film should take place, either in America or another foreign location.

Fast forward to today and the fifth Rambo has been greenlit! Reportedly, the story of the next Rambo killing spree follows the warrior as he takes on human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl along the U.S.-Mexico Border.

Production is set to start in the spring, near the release of his current project which has entered post-production, the eagerly-anticipated The Expendables film.

Since The Expendables may turn out to be PG-13, it’ll be nice to know we have another Stallone R-rated adult action film coming our way in the near future.

The Expendables hits theaters April 23, 2010.

Source: Variety via Screenrant

Rambo V Story Details

Rambo 5 sounds like it’ll be more of a direct sequel to “First Blood” (1982) than any of the over-the-top sequels were. According to Aint it Cool News, the film will see the muscly Vet return to the misty greens of America’s Northwest – the same terrain portly Brian Dennehy hunted him down in in the original film.

The tentative title (it’ll change – the last “Rambo” went through about five different titles before Sly, and Lionsgate, decided on a keeper) for the new film is Rambo V : The Savage Hunt. In it, “….there is a U.S. Military installation that is doing experiments on elite soldiers as part of some sort of program where they're attempting to tap into that SAVAGERY that we have deeply embedded into us. The plan is create brilliantly instinctual killer soldiers that have no qualms about taking life. Sly brought up the ancient Immortals, which were cartoonishly glimpsed in 300. In reality, they were children trained from the time they were infants to kill”, says the site. “Well as happens with Government Experiments to create the perfect killer - it goes exceptionally well... and then exceptionally badly. And Rambo is brought in with a Black Ops squad ("Like in PREDATOR") to hunt, capture or kill this worse than Rambo killer.”

The film, which Stallone’s convinced (or intending to be) will be the last Rambo film, is in the early stages of development says the site.

Source: Moviehole

Stallone Clears Up Rambo 5 Confusion

Yesterday, had the breaking news for the next installment of the Rambo franchise, which centered on the story of Rambo 5. From what we heard, the idea for the fifth installment seemed a little odd and it resulted in some confusion and mixed reaction. This provoked Sylvester Stallone himself to quickly address the confusion and explain himself what the film’s story is (and is not) about.

Sly read the reader feedback to the news on several sites that over-emphasized the science-fiction aspects of the story for Rambo V, so he left a message with Harry Knowles at Ain’t It Cool News, who first broke the news, to clear up the details.

Read on for what Sly’s explanation of Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

In the voice mail, Stallone first emphasized that the story is not about him fighting a group super soldiers like in Universal Soldier, but instead, it’s about him and a team brought in to fight a “savage beast” of a man - A man that represents an “amalgamation of fury and intelligence.” (The result of conditioning people from when they were kids onward to make them fearless, intelligent and cunning warriors, a la 300)

This villain’s ability to survive is rivaled only by that of Rambo and that’s what makes the movie interesting. The doctors at this facility couldn’t control this guy’s mind and he became a “savage killing machine.” Hence, the title.

He also clarified again that it’s not Rambo battling a squad of super soldiers but instead that it’s like you worst nightmare, “battling your primitive self.”

Head over to AICN to hear the entire message Sly left.

Sly’s idea of this savage beast-like character adds a great element to the nature of the film. Instead of a focus on physical ability and raw killing talent, we’ll be seeing heavy emphasis on the strategic and tactical cunning of John Rambo and this villain, as one hunts the other.

Source: AICN via Screenrant

part 4 was average
if we want to see a good Rambo movie it has to be a combination of one man against an army
Goldsmith old score
and an old school director

Rambo has become anything like cliché. In the initial series Rambo movies have certain potentiality to create stirring in my mind. Still those are tales of the old days and level of maturity was not important. ‘First Blood’ released in 1982 has some steam to prompt me sparing some time for the fictional John Rambo and for ACTIONS of Sylvester Stallone. Then I have watched, in 1985, ‘First Blood II’ and till 2008 two or three more. Gradually I have noticed that these are like ‘old wine in new bottles’. In most of the films the story line more or less meanders around known possibilities and ends in the definite victory of the mission-sent agent who is the hero of the movie. The agent, Sylvester Stallone, has also been aging.
Hollywood has stepped into higher stage of technological brilliance and has been successful in producing some brilliant movies every year. Hence I am not pulled by Rambo movies any more. Never mind, dear friend, Rambo is no more my cup of tea.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to this I loved Rambo 4, very grusome

Release Date: TBA
Studio: Splendid Film
Director: Not Available
Screenwriter: Sylvester Stallone
Starring: Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Stallone returns to his signature role. This time he messes with the Mexican cartel. Stallone describes the new Rambo as his version of No Country for Old Men.
Source: Den of Geek via Film Divider

They talked about doing a Rambo movie where Rambo fights off ALIENS?!

As in aliens from outer space?!

Screw the Mexican cartel. I WANNA SEE RAMBO VS. ALIENS!

They talked about doing a Rambo movie where Rambo fights off ALIENS?!

As in aliens from outer space?!
Hahaha yeah, it was originally titled Rambo V: The Savage Hunt and rumored to co-star Mickey Rourke.
This was even the write up ComingSoon.net had up quite awhile back:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Arctic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation. It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to confront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal
It would have been interesting.

No, that's stupid. There shouldn't just be one monster of an alien. There should be AN OUTBREAK OF ALIENS! Aliens all over the jungle. That's what I want to see.

So, instead of Predator with Ahnuld and a bunch of muscle-bound heroes... it's Predator with Sly and a bunch of muscle-bound heroes...

Kinda like Expendables and Predator combined. Wonder if Ahnuld will appear as Dutch... aging Dutch and aging Rambo in one movie...

Rambo doesn't fight just one of anything. He fights COUNTLESS people.

So he should fight against countless aliens. Not just one alien. Otherwise, it is just Predator with Stallone.

Ooh ooh!

Rambo and Dutch face off against Predators and Xenomorphs... with Sigourney Weaver playing Ripley's Daughter... could have Robert Patrick show up as the man who invented the T-1000 Model Terminator as well.

Go Agead, Make My Day
I don't know about that

I mean Rambo 4 was great and I think they ended the story beautifully, I'm not sure if they can make another one as good

Sylvester Stallone has finally announced the title for the fifth “Rambo” movie,Rambo: Last Blood.

The actor simply tweeted earlier this week that he’ll be filming a gangster biopic about Gregory “the Grim Reaper” Scarpa after shooting “Rambo: Last Blood.”

Seven years have passed since Stallone last reprised the role of Vietnam vet John Rambo. The last film, Rambo, earned $113 million worldwide.

Since 2008, he’s talked about both retiring the character (who first appeared in David Morrell’s 1972 novel First Blood) for good and bringing him back for a last hurrah. Stallone apparently decided on the latter as he’ll be writing and directing and Rambo: Last Blood, in addition to starring in the film.

Stallone will be returning to another familiar franchise this month. He’s headed to Philadelphia to play Rocky Balboa for the seventh time in director Ryan Coogler’s Creed. He’ll play the trainer of Apollo Creed’s grandson, portrayed by Michael B. Jordan. Coogler (Fruitvale Station).

Source: Variety

Yeah I look forward to Last Blood, hopefully the effects are on par if not better than the fourth, there is nothing better than seeing limbs fly all over the screen. It created a very real atmosphere and I hope to see it continue with the 5th. I heard rumors that they're going to Kill J.J.R off, does anyone know if that's true?

"This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it. I deny Everything I've ever done.... Everything I've ever fought for.

It'll probably be a decent film - though seeing as Stallone will probably be 70 years old when this film comes out I really think they should've just ended it with the 4th one. It had a good finale feel. If they're going to continue the series at this point, it should be a remake.

Stallone always speaks of killing off Rambo and Rocky in almost every sequel and yet he never does, which is fine by me. If it's the last movie, he doesn't have to kill him off, just let him do his last gig then walk (or limp) away. I've loved all the Rambo and Rocky (except for Rocky V) movies so I hope he ties both franchises up well. He's got The Expendables as a franchise now, so he shouldn't have to keep on making the two R-named hero movies.

They had my money at Rambo. I reluctantly saw the last Rambo not wanting to see what I was sure would be a stain on the franchise but I have to say I completely enjoyed it. I imagine I will have the same reservations about this one as well.

Rambo rocked I thought,

Rambo 5 will probably, hopefully, be more of the same blood and blasts.

The sequel First Blood Part 2, and the third film were cack... loved the 4th (Rambo)