Only God Forgives

Tools    

Only God Forgives has a 15% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, what a huge disappointment. I haven't seen the film but it sounds like Refn just went too far in trying to "out-Drive" Drive and just ended up making a failure that was stylish, quiet, violent, and pretentious simply for the sake of being so.

^ Is that just critics, it's hardly been released anywhere around the world so isn't the % rating going to be low at the moment anyway? Sorry, never really used the website.

Yes it's just critics and it's based on 13 reviews. Ratings do change a lot when movies get a wide release, but if it's at 15% there's no way it's going to end up being well reviewed even when it gets wide release. It was booed at Cannes.

^ So were a lot of films at Cannes that went on to do very well outside of Cannes and so on(Tree of Life is one that got booed for example and I remember it getting 4-5 star ratings from a lot of places once released). The critics at Cannes mean nothing most of the time.

This one is getting slammed by the critics since cannes. I myself don't get it, it looks fantastic but it appears the UK distro's are filtering the UK critics into screenings to guage reactions probably to see whether or not they should go beyond Print media to limit the online fall out if it is bad.

I really appreciated Drive but many people have criticized Only God Forgives. What do you think about this movie?

The ending is a bit silly

I'm jealous, how did you get to see it so soon?
This movie has not come out in England yet?

^ Nope, we get it in August. Most of Europe got it back in May/June but other countries are getting it this month and following months.
Ok, now I understand...In Italy Only god forgives was released on May...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't know whether I am game for going to see it or not, that is, if it's in any theaters near me, however, one of my friends really wants to go see it. I am not too impressed with anything that I have seen for it personally, but really, it's more a matter of whether or not I have money at the time, I guess.

Pretty hopeful for this. Trailers these days give out way too much.