Only God Forgives

Tools    

New images of Ryan Gosling in Only God ForgivesMonochrome brooding ahoyMay 31st 2012 By George Wales
Only God Forgives has released a new batch of black and white images of a battered and bruised Ryan Gosling looking moody for the camera.
Gosling can be seen here sporting a look perhaps best described as “hooligan chic”, offsetting his sharp suit with a pair of black eyes and what looks to be a broken nose.
The film sees Gosling play an exiled cop-killer living in Thailand, where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for a drug-running operation. However, his new life soon comes under threat when is brother is killed for murdering a prostitute.
It isn’t long before his mum (Kristin Scott Thomas) has touched down at Bangkok International, demanding her remaining son set out for revenge. With Drive’s Nicolas Winding Refn at the helm once more, it looks like Gosling is set to get violent all over again...
Only God Forgives is expected to arrive in the first half of 2013, with a specific release date still to be confirmed. You can check out Gosling in all his crumpled manliness, below...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-im...y-god-forgives

Refn? Gosling? Muay Thai? Thriller? Was always in once I heard about this last year

New images of this film, including a pic with Irreversible Gaper Noe on set with Ryan Gosling??!

Also, I doubt that this is an official poster, and the picture source is in French so it's hard for me to confirm it, but it's alright nonetheless. Though, it looks more like an MMA type of picture than a Muay Thai. Hoping Refn portrays Muay Thai properly.

^ That looks bad fan made quality.
Hmm, yeah, maybe you're right. I guess I figured that the obscured face of the fighter on top was meant to be Gosling or something, I dunno.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
Yay! I love Gosling

Still anxiously awaiting this film. The Gos looks pretty badarse in these bruised images of him.

Looking lean and mean.

Wow, man, no, I had no idea that there was a teaser lurking around. Great find and thank you so much for posting it. Looking good so far. I'm actually going to Thailand towards the end of the year to train Muay Thai for 6 weeks, so this film should be that extra special for me.

Cannot.Wait.

Wow, man, no, I had no idea that there was a teaser lurking around. Great find and thank you so much for posting it. Looking good so far. I'm actually going to Thailand towards the end of the year to train Muay Thai for 6 weeks, so this film should be that extra special for me.

Cannot.Wait.
Do you know what camp you are going to, I mean have you allready made arrangements? Some camps are better for Fairlung than others.
Check out the movie Chock Dee. Some of the guys I sparred with are in that movie.

Do you know what camp you are going to, I mean have you allready made arrangements? Some camps are better for Fairlung than others.
Check out the movie Chock Dee. Some of the guys I sparred with are in that movie.
I know exactly what camp i'm going to, it's Lamai Muay Thai in Koh Samui. It's the close to where I will be staying and it's a decent price, hence why I know. I haven't made arrangements yet, but I will be there around December to January time, so next year more or less.

Can`t wait to see this movie..

Already saw the trailer yesterday and I LOVED it! I have a feeling that this will be AWESOME and Nicolas Winding Refn may become a "new", interesting phenomenon.

I'll watch this, but the guy has far from convinced me. Valhalla Rising was beautifully shot, but dreary nonsense. Drive was good, but it left me cold. Again, beautifully shot and good performances (though Gosling isn't the second coming of De Niro), but didn't engage me at all.

I'm sceptical.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"Movies really don’t get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn‘s 'Only God Forgives. It’s a **** macho fantasy — hyper violent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please — this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, shat upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff."

-Jeffrey Wells

Suspect's Reviews

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
"Movies really don’t get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn‘s 'Only God Forgives. It’s a **** macho fantasy — hyper violent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please — this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, shat upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff."

-Jeffrey Wells
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

I meant to post this the other day.

Ryan Gosling's 'Only God Forgives' booed at Cannes Film Festival

Only God Forgives was reportedly booed at the Cannes Film Festival today (May 22).

The movie stars Ryan Gosling as a drug smuggler in Bangkok. When his brother dies, he is urged by his mother (Kristin Scott Thomas) to avenge his sibling's death.

Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, who won the 'Best Director' prize at the 2011 festival for Drive, the film has received considerably mixed reviews.

However, Vulture has since reported that the film was even booed by critics due to the extreme violence portrayed in the movie.

Kyle Buchanan began his review by saying: "To judge from the boos and whistles after the Only God Forgives screening today, I wouldn't exactly lay odds on a 'Best Director' repeat for Refn."

He added later: "When one character stuck his hand inside a woman's slashed body, the audience locked and loaded its boos. Gosling doesn't have much to say in this movie, but the auditorium sure did."

Meanwhile, New York Magazine writer Jada Yuan wrote on Twitter:

Jada Yuan @jadabird

Debate in Only God Forgives press line about whether we can call reaction to screening "boos" or just "a smattering of boos"
9:10 AM - 22 May 2013

Scott Thomas has said that the movie is "really not [her] sort of thing", and that she only took on the role because it was directed by Refn.

Only God Forgives will arrive in US cinemas on July 19 and in the UK on August 2.