New SPAWN movie

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
No, "Let's dance" with the beautiful acting, was the best line, ever.

"This is the part where you fall down..."

One more:

I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school.

Yeah I'm done...

Kind of like my guilty pleasure, Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat is a guilty pleasure of mine too, it is pretty corny but its the kind of corny that entertains you for an hour and a half.

Todd McFarlane Going Solo With Spawn 2?

Todd McFarlane is talking about Spawn 2 (again) and if you’re a Spawn fan and have been waiting for a sequel or a proper feature film remake for the character, you probably know that there’s been lots of discussion about this project from McFarlane for years.

Now however, it looks like the comic book legend and toy creator is at the boiling point and ready to push this project into motion, even if he has to do it himself. Who better to take full control of the property than its true creator?

Speaking to Newsarama, Todd McFarlane talked about the status of the next Spawn movie and what his plans are for it.

“I’ve had the idea in my head for over 10 years… and I want to write, produce and direct it and just go, ‘ here it is.’”

“I’m 80% through the script, I did my due diligence, went around Hollywood… I listened to the pitch from all the big studios, but I just went, ‘nah, I need to make this small and tight and contained.’”

“And if we keep the budget small, they’ll allow me to do all of that. [But] if you blow up the budget…and I understand that. I wouldn’t hire me, either. But then I have to give it away.”
In August, it was reported that McFarlane had seemingly settled on the decision to make the next Spawn movie a much more adult, scary and realistic film. It also seemed (for a long time now) the comic creator was leaning towards going with a smaller indie studio to have more creative freedom over the project and keep it truer to not only the source, but from the mind of the source creator himself. That still seems to be the case but how can a movie based on Spawn be made for so little?

At the premiere for X-Men Origins: Wolverine last spring, he said he had offers from five big studios but he’s continued to emphasize that he wants creative freedom to make the movie right in his vision and not like the 1997 version.

“All the small guys go ‘that thing [1997’s “Spawn”] opened up to $20 million last time!’ We could do a talking head [indie movie] for 8-9 million bucks or we can add an extra million to the budget and make a Spawn movie? Rock and Roll!”

“At this point in my life, I’d rather keep it smaller and maybe get fewer people to come see it, but actually just sort of extract out of my brain what I’ve been living with for the past 10 years.”
We still have no time frame or confirmation that the Spawn remake is happening and same goes for the Spawn animated TV series that McFarlane was confident about in the fall. Is this all talk or are we finally going to see movement on Spawn sequel or remake soon?

Source: Screenrant

Wow, I had totally forgotten about Spawn...I loved the dark feel it had to it...
And ye, that clown character...
It's like Spawn has been put on the back shelf by all the other more day friendly comic book heros...

Spawn, if I remember correctly, was kind of a sadistic hero...

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Word on tha street is McFarlane is starting preproduction in Dec with shooting to start in Feb 18.

total budget = $10 mil

I know Moon got made for $5 mil, but how you make an sfx reliant movie for $10 mil is beyond me.

Spawn was one of those that diasppointed me so much I actually got annoyed. The only coll thing about the movie was his cape.

BRING ON THE REMAKE. That's a movie that actually warrants one.

I'm pretty sure the cape / cloak is going to be a smidge less elaborate this time around.

Studios will only pile cash at a sure thing... for instance Infinity War getting a $1b budget. They absolutely know they're getting that back from ticket sales.

Spawn however, is a cult comic, not seen in mainstream for donkey's years. Studios won't fork out $100m on something like that.

https://screenrant.com/spawn-reboot-...xx-offer-lead/

"Jamie Foxx could just play Spawn after all. Spawn previously made his way to the big screen in 1997 thanks to Michael Jai White bringing the anti-hero to life. The film was critically dismissed, making it difficult for the character to get a second chance in live-action. That is, until his comic creator Todd McFarlane began pursuing a movie all on his own. The rebooted take is written by McFarlane and he has the intention to direct the passion project as well.

Spawn found a home with Blumhouse and is being developed with a low-budget superhero take in mind. McFarlane’s done a great job teasing the project despite the fact that major news has yet to happen. It is reportedly hoping to film in May, but has not yet snagged someone to play the demonic character.

According to That Hashtag Show, however, it seems McFarlane has offered the title role to Jamie Foxx. This news come years after Foxx was aggressively pursuing the role in another iteration of a reboot. With his interest well-known, it is now up to Foxx to decide whether or not he still wants to play the part after all these years. Whether he or another actor accepts the gig soon, the plans now are for Spawn to film in August with the character of Twitch Williams being the co-lead."

This movie will turn a profit no matter what. What was the last superhero movie that flopped?

And Jeremy Renner has signed on to play Twitch Williams (Maximilian Steven Percival "Twitch" Williams III), a homicide detective.

Interesting, seeing as Twitch has a partner called Sam Burke and the pair even had their own long running series of comics after their initial appearance in Spawn.

Looks like they're possibly going after a full on franchise.
Just like every other movie out there right now.

That's why he wasn't in Infinity War.