The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

So far, the rumored title is Dark Victory. That's all I can tell you now. If the Joker plays the villain once more, then I would probally still see it, even though the Riddler would be much better.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I doubt it will be Dark Victory...

Anyways, here is a fan made poster for the third film. I thought it was cool, so I'm posting it here.

Suspect's Reviews

Who watches the Watchbear?
Well... it could be Dark Victory, though I wouldn't put my money on it. Dark Victory was kind of a followup to the Long Halloween (if I recall correctly?) and part of the Dark Knight was based on that collection in particular.

I'll be watching the speculation, myself... Nolan obviously isn't doing a direct translation of the source material, after all, so we can only wonder what bits and pieces he'll take for another movie.

I just finished reading Batman: Hush - now, that seemed like something Nolan could work with.

WARNING: "Batman: Hush" spoilers below
While Hush involves many Batman villians - Catwoman, Clayface, Riddler, Joker, Croc, etc - the main one is a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne, Thomas Elliott. His parents died, he became a surgeon, and saves Bruce's life after a bad night out in the cape... uh, some stuff happens... but Thomas Eliott is the villian, Hush. So you've basically got a baddie who had a similar start as Bruce. This could make for some really interesting comparisons to the current state of Batman, who's more or less villainized in the public eye by the end of the Dark Knight.

While Hush includes some of the less realistic (Nolan-unfriendly, maybe) villains and Robin(s), it'd be easy enough for him to just take the one character. I think it'd be pretty damn neat, really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Hush - there's the wiki, and if anyone's interested I'd be happy to share some scans.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've read Dark Victory and Long Halloween, both very good graphic novels.

I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn't mind seeing Hush and The Riddler in the next film.

This has just gotten out of hand!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...tman-film.htmlCher 'to play Catwoman' in next Batman film

Cher has been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, it has been claimed.

By Jessica Salter
Last Updated: 6:46PM BST 24 Aug 2008

Cher is said to be director Christopher Nolan's first choice for the role.

The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan.
The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar. The character has also been played by Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry.
A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.
"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."
Filming of the new Batman instalment, provisionally entitled The Caped Crusader, is due to begin in Vancouver early next year.
The Dark Knight, this summer's blockbuster, has become the most successful of the Batman movies. Warner Bros expects the film to make about $530m.
It stars the late Heath Ledger, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment after taking an accidental drugs overdose. His performance as The Joker is widely expected to garner an Oscar nomination.
Cher's recent acting performances have included Tea with Mussolini in 1999 and Stuck on You, in 2003 in which she played herself.

Whuzza?

In the Beginning...
You know, a few years ago I might have contested this. But we're now living in an age where penguins get knighted by Norwegian royalty, and Julia Child was a spy for the OSS.

So bring on the weird.

In the Beginning...
After the success of The Dark Knight, I think Depp could be wrangled. It would depend predominantly on the role, of course, but he's a method actor with a penchant for dark films. Actually, I think something like The Prestige would have been right up his alley.

As It Was Stated Somewhere Before, I Think Casey Affleck Could Do A Good Job As The Riddler.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I doubt it will be Dark Victory...

Anyways, here is a fan made poster for the third film. I thought it was cool, so I'm posting it here.

Even though its fan made its a great poster, is the next vilan going to be the riddler then? I havent heared anything.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Even though its fan made its a great poster, is the next vilan going to be the riddler then? I havent heared anything.
Because nothing has been anounced...

reservoir dogs circa 1881
i said earlier in thread hush would make a good villain but may come off abit strange if he just pops up without having been mentioned before,im sure nolan has some ideas gestating but reckon the scale of dark knight will be difficult to achieve. ps cat woman as cher god i hope not not that she isnt sexy but selina needs to be portrayed as someone the masked side of bruce wayne has an attraction with the not knowing who there alter egos are is an interesting story arc id like see more of gordons development in another batman film too the human equivalent of batmans costumed vigilante.recently read frank millers year one and the gordon part could translate well