The Avengers

Tools    

Anyone else as pumped as I am for this? I am curious if Wasp and Antman will be making appearences. Here Antman is getting his own movie. Also coming out in 2012.

i watched a video on about.com with Chris Hemsworth and he was talking about Thor and that he sat down with Josh Wheedon about he avengers and january/february shooting for the avengers

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to seeing this movie and to see how it turns out

I hope all those Nathan Fillion as Hank Pym rumors are true. He's be PERFECT in the role.

Thor is going to be flat out epic!

I hope all those Nathan Fillion as Hank Pym rumors are true. He's be PERFECT in the role.

Thor is going to be flat out epic!
i hope it is, from what people are saying its gonna be great

Beware The Probe!
I'm seriously probably going to lose my mind when this movie comes out.

Does anyone know if they are only considering the new string of Marvel movies since Iron Man and Hulk as part of this universe's canon or will they also be counting the previous ones such as Spiderman, X-Men, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four? (despite Torch & Cap being the same guy)

It would be easy to throw a CGI Spidey or Ghost Rider in for a cameo.

Beware The Probe!
no there not using spiderman or xmen
No, I didn't mean are they in it, I meant do they exist in that world.
Would there be a chance of them referring to characters or incidents from one of the earlier Marvel movies like Spiderman or Xmen or is this Marvel universe only starting now with Iron Man and Hulk.

As for Hulk, I'd heard he was definitely going to be in the Avengers movie.
He's also slated for a cameo in Thor since that movie, Iron Man 2, and Hulk were all happening at the same time.
Rumour is, that Thor was responsible for the "freak thunderstorm" that came on while Hulk and Betty were hiding out in the mountains.

That thunderstorm thing is a rumour... It doesn't make sense if you see it.

I doubt Spidey will have anything to do here.. maybe few in-jokes/reference.
But there might be hints of X-men in Avengers...

it would be kool if for some reason they show San Francisco and the bridge is still beant towards Alcatraz, that would be th ebest reference to show the X-Men are in this universe but i dont think they are because there would of been issues about Mutan rights but there is nothing (can see a possible spidy reference tho).

Nom
spiderman i could see but not so much on the x-men.

Endangered Species
Marvel has got a lot riding on this Avengers movie. Because if it's a success, the repercussions will have positive benefits for everything else they produce, not to mention giving them a new franchise that could be bigger than X-Men. Because, just like Wolverine had his own movie (I don't think any other X-man can), every member of the Avengers can also fly solo. Imagine...