Vincent Cassell

Tools    

What do you lot think of this lad, then? He has done some fairly average films and a couple of decent ones, but I must say that I find something rather likeble about him. Perhaps its his face, but I just think the guy is COOL!

I mean, he is hardly Daniel Day Lewis but I think he exudes enough charisma for me to want to watch his films. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Eastern Promises.

What do you guys think of this bloke?

I'm a big fan of the chap and most his French films are better than decent i'd say- Irreversible, La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Satan, l'Appartement (remade as Wicker Park) are all pretty damned good. His turn in the Ocean films was ok, mainly saved because he does have a very cool charisma, for English roles though preferred and enjoyed him in Birthday Girl alongside Kassovitz and his pairing with Cronenberg in Eastern Promises maybe one of my highlights of the year.

Remember when was first introduced to him 4-5 years ago in La Haine has the violent skinhead and we was told he was a sex icon in France and was also giving it to Monica Bellucci

I'm a big fan of the chap and most his French films are better than decent i'd say- Irreversible, La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Satan, l'Appartement (remade as Wicker Park) are all pretty damned good. His turn in the Ocean films was ok, mainly saved because he does have a very cool charisma, for English roles though preferred and enjoyed him in Birthday Girl alongside Kassovitz and his pairing with Cronenberg in Eastern Promises maybe one of my highlights of the year.

Remember when was first introduced to him 4-5 years ago in La Haine has the violent skinhead and we was told he was a sex icon in France and was also giving it to Monica Bellucci
Lol @ sex icon in France. Yeah, heard all about him giving it to Monica Bellucci, the lucky bastard.

Hmm, you've given moi a fair number of films to watch and research....I have only seen ONE of the films you have listed. I hope they are as good as you're suggesting they are.

I think you're right; I think he's likable, at least in part, because of his face. Simply put, he doesn't really look like a movie star. He looks like, well, just a guy. I find him quite talented (though I feel the best is yet to come), too, but he does have a sort of everyman quality to him that I think a lot of people find intrinsically appealing.

You're absolutely right, mate. I was trying to find the words but you pretty much nailed it.
He does look like and come across as an everyman indeed. I will watch La Haine tomorrow as it's sounds like the most interesting from his French flicks.

I've enjoyed most of the films I've seen him in most of them French, of course though I'm not really impartial I think the French have been making better movies than Hollywood for quite some time so it's not a big stretch for me to like him. La Haine or Hate as I know by here in th U.S. is not a good film it's really f-ing good hope you enjoy it. Brotherhood of the Wolf or Le Pacte des loups depending on what floats your boat is also fantastic! He was also good in Elizabeth another film that I've often thought is overlooked and not been seen by enough people. But yeah his French films are the best I think (go figure he's french after all!). The Crimson Rivers. Where he actually shared top billing with another fantastic French actor Jean Reno is also pretty good.

I am half agony, half hope.
I've seen Mr. Cassell in Derailed the Ocean's films only. I find him to be very charming, but slightly sleazy at the same time. That's not a bad thing in my mind even though it might sound that way. I feel the same way about Benicio Del Toro... If I had a celebrity 'list' like Ross did on friends, they'd both be on it.

Johann von Goethe

I am having a nervous breakdance
I first saw him in La Haine and I have always liked him since then. I think besides from being a good actor he has a great face, the kind of face directors love to have in their films.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

i like him a lot as the bad guy in the movie "Derailed", i like his acting a lot, and especially he fits the bad guy bill more than the good guy one

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Epic 11 year bump Rambond.

Check out "Mesrine" if you haven't seen it.

"Yes – I am Anjou!"

Mesrine is very good. I also liked him in The Crimson Rivers, La Haine and many other films.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’d forgotten about the Mesrine movies. I loved those like... 10 years ago? Jeez.

One of my favorite faces in movies right now. I haven’t really seen him in much but he makes an impression. He’s 90% the reason of why I’m rooting for a French Batman movie.

I like him aswell in black swan, how he seduces nathalie. I need to rewatch the crimson rivers

Lol @ sex icon in France. Yeah, heard all about him giving it to Monica Bellucci, the lucky bastard.
Yes I think we can all agree on that.