Andrew Dominik

Tools    

Andrew Dominik is one of the best directors of all time - you just don't know it yet.

Andrew Dominik is one of the best directors of all time - you just don't know it yet.
I do! I know it already! I know everything before everyone else.

TheUsualSuspect:
In relation to compositon of symmetry of story and editing with cinematography and production design.

I've seen Killing Them Softly, didn't like it that much. The trailer looks much better than the movie. When I saw the trailer I thought "wow, it looks like this is going to be amazing", especially when I saw that Ray Liotta was going to be in it. But the movie disappointed me.

You saw Ray Liotta in it and thought "Wow, it looks like this is going to be amazing." That's amazing.
It looked like it was going to be badass, kind of like Goodfellas. It's a stupid comparison I know, but I like Liotta in these kind of flicks.

Don't find anything particulary special about him as a director. Some of the cinematography was amazing in his films like Jesse James but that was down to other people also.

I wouldn't say he is the best director around but compared to people like Len Wiseman and such I would say Dominik is indeed a genius.

Welcome to the human race...
Chopper and The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford both get
from me (in the former's case, a very generous
). Still want to see Killing Them Softly, though.

I wouldn't say he is the best director around but compared to people like Len Wiseman and such I would say Dominik is indeed a genius.

Properly hate that man. I genuinely believe he is one of the worst director for hire out there. He really has nothing going for him outside of his wife's fine ass. I can deal with shallowness in films, some of the films I enjoy the most are nothing but pure entertainment, but he can't even get action scenes done right.

Garbage man.

Andrew Dominik, despite not having a big profile yet, is fantastic as far as i'm concerned. Haven't seen Killing Them Softly, but on the strength of Jesse James alone, he's a maverick. That film is pretty much poetry in motion, and Chopper's quality too. Can't fault the man - so far.