Ufc

Tools    

Mark Hunt already succeeded beyond all my wildest dreams.
+1

This fight is a huge opportunity, and one that won't twist my nipples if he loses. His stock in the heavyweight division will have no reason to plummet if he loses, and worst comes to worst, he is just given a lower ranked fighter's face to break in the event that he does lose. I'd personally like to see Mark Hunt vs Big Foot, if both end up on the losing end in their respective bouts. There is absolutely no reason to count out Mark Hunt though. His hands are dangerous against anyone. If JDS is smart, he'll just take Mark Hunt down and not **** with the stand up. Let's all hope that Mark Hunt has the greatest camp of his life.

As for this weekend, I'm not looking forward to the GSP/Diaz fight simply because I hate watching GSP fight. I have a hope against hope that GSP won't be able to get anything going with his borefest style, therefore making his face the perfect place for Nick's taptaptap style boxing. The look of frustration on GSP's face would be worth all the gold in the world.

The fight I'm looking forward to the most in Hendricks vs Condit. I'm curious if Hendricks will be able to put some leather on Condit's face, and put him out. I like Condit (although he did lose some stock in my eyes after that poke-and-flee game plan against Diaz), but I really want to see Hendricks vs GSP. This fight also has potential to be pretty slow.

Overall, I think this event should be pretty good. For the most part, we have been spoiled in 2013 with really exciting events/fights.

Personally, I think UFC rushed this fight. Hunt needed about two more fights before facing a top 2 guy. He would have had a better chance at winning. As it is, his run will come to a close.
Don't get me wrong, he has a puncher's chance and probably the best chin in the division. The problem is that stylisticaly he is perfect for JDS, who will just pick him apart in the stand up. Don't expect this to go the ground.
But, who knows, Hunt is not getting younger and is battleworn and this just might be his last hurrah.
Realistically, Cain landed everything but the kitchen sink and still couldn't KO JDS. I don't think that Hunt will even be able to land a single big one. JDS is just too fast for him.
As far as GSP-Diaz is concerned, I'm looking for a possible upset. I expect Diaz to to throw caution to the wind and go balls out and be willing to die trying. His mind set for this fight is stronger than GSP. Most people expect him to lose but he desperately needs to avenge his machismo now that this fight has got very personal. The intensity that he usually brings to his fights just tripled. The hate is real and to stop him you got to kill him. He is still not over the Coindit loss and will put a lot of pressure on GSP, who probably will take him down and just might wind up subbed. If GSP decides to stand, he will get outworked and bloodied and bruised, especially in the later rounds. AS well as conditioned as he is, he will not be able to keap up with Nick's pace.

Have to disagree, cinema. Nick's good, and I will be rooting for him. GSP is THE complete fighter though. Very good striking, superb olympic wrestling, very good grappling, strong as a ****ing pitbull (strength that actually lasts), power lifting style explosiveness, speed, endurance, etc, you name it. And most importantly, he has the ability to blend all of these attributes seamlessly. Plus he has shown to have to decent enough chin. Nick has to come up against all of this.

GSP has fought fighters like Nick before. Good BJJ guys with solid boxing. This is nothing new. Nick has great endurance, but it's not like GSP gasses in later rounds unless Nick can blitz for the full 25 mins, which isn't humanly possible. GSP , unfortunately, has his way with Nick. It'll be a decision because of Nick's heart and toughness, but it'll be a one sided affair though. I hope i'm wrong because Nick as the WW would be VERY refreshing.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I agree with above. Gsp will have his way with Diaz where ever the fight goes, I expect this to look like Henderson vs Nate.

As for Hunt having to wait, are you insane?. Hunt is on a 4 fight winning streak in the heavyweight devision, this is a well deserved fight. I also think your wrong about Jds having his way with Hunt. Hunt has the better boxing of the two and if Hunt land a clear shot on Jds it's all over. As much as Jds hits hard I cnt see him knocking Hunt out, this fight is going to be closer than people think.

Wouldn't be shocked if JDS took Hunt down.

He can, he was able to take down Carwin, and Hunto isn't exactly known for defensive wrestling. Or defensive anything really.

Tough fight. I think Mark makes Santos work for the victory, though. He has been on a weird roll as of late. Guess we'll see. JDS needs to prove that the Velasquez battering he took has affected him psychologically. If it has, then Mark could very well win this. Otherwise, JDS should get the win.

Nick Diaz is the guy who went to Japan and beat Gomi when Gomi was unbeatable.
Nick Diaz is the guy who sent B.J. Penn to the hospitol.
GSP says that there are dark places in his head. He has no clue what dark is. He will find out tonight. He will get beat-down to the inch of his life!
GSP is a 5 -1 favorite going into this. One would have to be a fool not to put some money on NIck.

I'm so dissapointed. The main event was so boring. Diaz was so flat and I'm tired of watching wrestling in MMA. GSP controled a guy who appeared to be high on pot.
Ellenberger was great.
Condit-Hendricks was a barn burner but the wrong guy got the nod.
Take-downs should be scored only if they lead to effective ground and pound or prolongued dominant control.

I'm so dissapointed. The main event was so boring. Diaz was so flat and I'm tired of watching wrestling in MMA. GSP controled a guy who appeared to be high on pot.
Ellenberger was great.
Condit-Hendricks was a barn burner but the wrong guy got the nod.
Take-downs should be scored only if they lead to effective ground and pound or prolongued dominant control.
I have to say Nick was never going to have a chance. Nick's gameplan was never going to work against Gsp, when he's always got to worry about the takedown.

Also Hendricks deserved the win, he scored like 12 takedowns in a 3 round fight. This guy has now beat Fitch, Koscheck, kempman and Condit give the guy some credit.

I have to say Nick was never going to have a chance. Nick's gameplan was never going to work against Gsp, when he's always got to worry about the takedown.

Also Hendricks deserved the win, he scored like 12 takedowns in a 3 round fight. This guy has now beat Fitch, Koscheck, kempman and Condit give the guy some credit.
12 takedowns! So what? MMA is not wrestling. The guy did not do anything with his take-downs. Condit didn't give him a chance to ground and pound and Hendrikics did not have much control as Condit was constantly transitioning and attempting subs and getting up. The scoring system needs to be revised but that's hard to explain to a novice like you.
I give Hendricks credit, but not for the take-downs. Many others feel that Condit was the overall agressor and landed more strikes and deserved the win.
The fight was great and yes I would like to see a GSP-Hendricks fight. Hendricks has the right style to beat him. That still doesn't mean that he beat Condit.
Also, your comment about Diaz not having a chance. What a bunch of bull.
Diaz came into the fight completely flat. Looked like he was stoned. HIs effort sucked. Tha sad thing is that he was capable of much more.
I'm tired explaining what's what to arm-chair philosophers. Get in the ring some time and then talk to me about it.

Hendricks did more damage + consistent and strong takedowns + pretty evenly matched in overall strikes/significant strikes

12 takedowns are better than no takedowns when evenly contested in the stand up. I fail to see what Condit did better than Hendricks in the first two rounds. The judges got it right giving the first two rounds to Hendricks, and the last round to Condit.

Hendricks did more damage + consistent and strong takedowns + pretty evenly matched in overall strikes/significant strikes

12 takedowns are better than no takedowns when evenly contested in the stand up. I fail to see what Condit did better than Hendricks in the first two rounds. The judges got it right giving the first two rounds to Hendricks, and the last round to Condit.
Condit landed the cleaner shots. Even Hendricks admitted as much in the post fight interview saying that he never connected with a real hard shot.
I disagree. Hendricks landed a few shots that would have taken most people out ( especially to the temple ) but Condit just walked trhrough them. Hendricks just wasn't able to land enough and was outstruck almost two to one.
Condit's knees and legs also hit the mark, for every take-down.
Hendricks would take a shot and then take him down and then do nothing.
Sorry, that shouldn't win fights!
You definitely need to re-watch this fight or did you even watch it?

The awkward moment when cinemaafficionado forgets that it's scored by round and Hendricks won the first two rounds.

Those 8 takedowns sure do look a whole lot better than 0.

12 takedowns! So what? MMA is not wrestling. The guy did not do anything with his take-downs. Condit didn't give him a chance to ground and pound and Hendrikics did not have much control as Condit was constantly transitioning and attempting subs and getting up. The scoring system needs to be revised but that's hard to explain to a novice like you.
I give Hendricks credit, but not for the take-downs. Many others feel that Condit was the overall agressor and landed more strikes and deserved the win.
The fight was great and yes I would like to see a GSP-Hendricks fight. Hendricks has the right style to beat him. That still doesn't mean that he beat Condit.
Also, your comment about Diaz not having a chance. What a bunch of bull.
Diaz came into the fight completely flat. Looked like he was stoned. HIs effort sucked. Tha sad thing is that he was capable of much more.
I'm tired explaining what's what to arm-chair philosophers. Get in the ring some time and then talk to me about it.

What is Diaz capable of doing? Diaz had nothing to offer Gsp. You seem to think you know everything about Mma and after every event you are clearly wrong. And stop it with the keyboard warrior comments there embarrassing mr street fighter.

What is Diaz capable of doing? Diaz had nothing to offer Gsp. You seem to think you know everything about Mma and after every event you are clearly wrong. And stop it with the keyboard warrior comments there embarrassing mr street fighter.
Funny that, a keyboard warrior calling me a keyboard warrior. Paradoxically, to your cred, you did manage to get the street fighter right, but seriously dude, you need to get a life and stop posting silly comments about something you so clearly have no clue about.
And yeah, you are right again. I may not know everything about MMA but I sure know more than you, both in theory and practise.
It would probably take me less than a minute to school you but I guess we will never know , we'll we?