Most disappointing movies you ever saw in the cinema/theater?

Tools    

I think what makes Nolan's the lesser film - besides his typical issue with over-explanatory dialogue - is that he makes it an action movie when it's really a story that's best told as a slow-burn drama/character study. It's kind of the same reason why Let Me In, which I like, is not quite as good as Let the Right One In.

I think what makes Nolan's the lesser film - besides his typical issue with over-explanatory dialogue - is that he makes it an action movie when it's really a story that's best told as a slow-burn drama/character study. It's kind of the same reason why Let Me In, which I like, is not quite as good as Let the Right One In.
Yes, I agree. But to be fair, it’s an impossible task to remake a Nordic noir, so people deserve some credit for trying. The original Insomnia also had more of a focus on corruption, from what I remember.

I think I mentioned this in some other thread, but one of the best things about Let the Right One In was the ambiguity about whether Eli is female, or, indeed, remotely human. Remakes tend to do away with ambiguity, whether intentionally or not, which is a huge shame.

Captain Marvel. I like marvel movies, and I like strong female leads, so I was really excited for CM. I had seen all the hate but I assumed it was just trolls trying to ruin it for everyone. And then it just... wasn't good. Such a letdown.

And to clarify: I didn't think it was particularly bad. It just wasn't as special as I had hoped.

I forgot the opening line.
I was disappointed seeing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at the cinema in 1989. I was a huge Indiana Jones fan. The movie was all slapstick jokes and exposition with short action scenes shoehorned in here and there. I was hoping for a bit more of a return to the feel of Raiders. Instead I got a "Carry On Raiders" comedy.