The MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1930s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

If you haven't caught The Informer, it was a multiple Oscar winner: Best Actor (V. McGlaglen), Best Director (John Ford), Best Screenplay (Dudley Nichols), and Best Music Score (Max Steiner).

And Hitchcock's The 39 Steps is one I never get tired of re-watching.

~Doc
Seen them mate, good films.

Gonna watch Baby Face tonight followed by The Only Son in the next few days then i'll send my list.
I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts on Baby Face, I watched that one recently.

I just received another list, that makes 7 so far. It was my own list actually It was hard for me to cut so many beloved 1930s films off my list, but I paired it down to my all time favorite top 25.

Reminder: The deadline is coming up to send your list in: the morning of September 30, 2018 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time Zone. I won't be extending the deadline beyond that date and time, so don't be late with your list

Hopefully we'll get 6-8 more lists, as soon as the procrastinators send them to you.. It would be swell to get 20-30, so we'd have a good sample size. There are so many eclectic tastes on the site that the choices will likely be widely varied. It'll be interesting though.

~Doc

Hopefully we'll get 6-8 more lists, as soon as the procrastinators send them to you.. It would be swell to get 20-30, so we'd have a good sample size. There are so many eclectic tastes on the site that the choices will likely be widely varied. It'll be interesting though.

~Doc
I don't think anyone is procrastinating...many people like to watch or rewatch movies in preparation for making their countdown list. Which I think is cool. I bet there will be a bunch of list sent in right before the deadline, which is fine by me

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I would think we would get at least 40 lists. I'll be sending mine shortly before the deadline in case I get to a couple more.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
there should be a nice deluge of lists that final week or so, with mine included. Just in case I see a few more before then.

Haven't sent in partial lists in the past, but I just haven't had enough time to watch more 30s films, nor will I. Sent in a top 15

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Gone with the Wind wins this one, because users are normies.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gone with the Wind wins this one, because users are normies.
YOU'RE A NORMIE

Also i think Wizard of Oz has a better chance than Gone With The Wind. Practically everybody has seen it and it's much less polarizing than GWTW.

With Byrd At The South Pole has to be in the running for the most polar-icing film of the 1930s.
Available for free on the Tube of You for those that might be interested.