President Trump

Tools    

I thought you guys were staying home that weekend and burning your Nikes??

I thought you guys were staying home that weekend and burning your Nikes??
Haha yea I bet there are some nuts out there doing that. I guess if I were out shopping for sneakers and was having a hard time deciding between Nike and some other brand, their decision on who to promote could enter my mind. I'm sure they had some business plan that told them this was a good idea, but from the outside it sure seems puzzling as to why they'd take on a guy with such questionable character.

you should be thanking Nike. they finally gave Kaepernick a chance to "protest on his own time."
Damn, I wish I could get paid millions on my own time. It must be the oppression kicking in.

"Believe in Something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

It sounds more suitable for a terrorist than a rich man.

There were ways this could have all been handled much better from the start. It just all went wrong and missed the mark.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
well, i'm sure black people everywhere appreciate your opinions on the proper ways to protest police brutality correctly in order to gain your sympathy.

well, i'm sure black people everywhere appreciate your opinions on the proper ways to protest police brutality correctly in order to gain your sympathy.
I couldn't care less about black or white. To me, everyone is the same. The league lost money because of this guy, the same league that made him rich. Great way to say thanks.

not Kaep's fault people don't understand how the constitution works.
There's such a thing as human decency, of course a guy who wears socks with pigs in police uniforms and defends Castro wouldn't understand that. Just because you have the right, that doesn't make it right. I think you criticize Trump for exercising his rights under the constitution as far as free speech goes. Fair is fair.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
There's such a thing as human decency, of course a guy who wears socks with pigs in police uniforms and defends Castro wouldn't understand that. Just because you have the right, that doesn't make it right. I think you criticize Trump for exercising his rights under the constitution as far as free speech goes. Fair is fair.
true, being critical is different. it's more than that though, with the boycott, it's clearly an attempt to sabotage his career again, with the 'anyone who supports him will be shunned' because they don't like his message. the conservatives in my area have actually tried to use facebook to organize a 'public burning of nike merchandise' event, lol. it's CRAZY how angry people are over this. i mean, it's been entertaining from the outside bc burning stuff you already paid for isn't how a boycott works, but damn people get a life.

true, being critical is different. it's more than that though, with the boycott, it's clearly an attempt to sabotage his career again, with the 'anyone who supports him will be shunned' because they don't like his message. the conservatives in my area have actually tried to use facebook to organize a 'public burning of nike merchandise' event, lol. it's CRAZY how angry people are over this. i mean, it's been entertaining from the outside bc burning stuff you already paid for isn't how a boycott works, but damn people get a life.
I was sort of joking before about people actually doing that but then I saw the news.

I do believe he sabotaged his own career. It is a business and teams can not afford to alienate fans. On the other hand, it also has much to do with his performance. If it were Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson had done this, they would have still been the starting quarterbacks for their respective teams. It's a risk vs reward assessment, and a backup quality player just isn't going to be worth it. He actually opted out of his contract in San Francisco and was reportedly looking for a starting job to go along with starting job money. That wasn't going to happen even without the controversy.

A system of cells interlinked
but how does that work for people who don't usually side with liberals? Sedai, for instance.

also, I don't determine how good or bad a person is based on how liberal they are, and i'm pretty sure if i said the same thing to you, but about conservatives, you'd find it insulting.

I know I am late on this reply...just catching up now!

I actually tend to side with liberals more than you think, especially when considering values that were supported by what are today called classic liberals, such a free speech. I draw a large distinction between liberals and leftists, btw.

I think it's important...no, vital, that moderate liberals (which you seem to be) and moderate conservatives (which I tend to be on many issues lately) maintain a civil dialogue, and even more so, that they maintain a good relationship with one another, as it is the duty of both of those groups of people to help keep the boat from rocking too far to either side. And for the record, many, if not most of my close friends consider themselves to be liberals.

Kaep is a dumbass but those burning their Nike products are babies

Just don't buy it if you care that much

No doubt the whole kneeling thing hurt the NFL, so we'll see how this play works out for Nike. Nordstrom did fine after dropping Ivanka Trumps line, but this could be different.

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll post it on this site too...

Since Colin claims to be a Christian, he should understand and practice the golden rule, but apparently he does not choose to.

It's been explained to him that his action (kneeling during the national anthem) is not clear as a protest of police brutality, and no matter how much he tries to explain it as such, it will always come off as a disrespect to the country, its people, its symbols of patriotism, the sacrifice of those who've given their lives & limbs to defend it, their survivors and those who defend it today.

He understands this, but doesn't seem to care that he's treating people in a way he would not want to be treated, and most likely would not tolerate being treated.

His behavior is the opposite of the golden rule, as he would not wish for people to disrespect him if he informed them that what they were saying or doing was hurtful to him, his family, his teammates, his race, or the memory of his passed loved ones or those he respects.

If I was to explain that a bunch of people have decided we're going to loudly shout the n-word at the public as a way to protest police brutality since we don't have a national platform of professional football to air our mutual protest to the world, what do you think his reaction would be?

First, I'd expect Kaepernick to call me on B.S. (just as we're calling him on his). And he'd be right - it would be B.S. because using a slur has no more to do with protesting police than showing disrespect to the flag, the anthem and offending American citizens.

There is nothing in the anthem that promotes, supports, advocates or glorifies police brutality - the song and the standing for the flag have absolutely nothing to do with police brutality. The flag & anthem represent the values of equality and justice - the complete opposite of racism, abuse of power, oppression and brutality. Standing for them means you support equality and justice, doing something else is a display that you do not respect these values.

So disrespecting the anthem has no more to do with being against police brutality than using the n-word in public would... both are only viewed as aggressive and intentionally hurtful ways to disrespect and insult large portions of the public.

Now, I could explain until I was blue in the face that the n-word is just a word, that I'm not using it to disrespect Kaepernick, his family or anyone of any race. I'm just using it as a form of protest.

I'm sure Mr. Kaepernick would explain to me (if he didn't just punch my face in first) that it's a disrespectful, hateful and hurtful act towards large numbers of people and that, no matter how much I want to rationalize it as something else, it's going to be seen as an attack, as disrespect, as antagonistic, as ignorant and nothing else... exactly as it's been explained to him how people view his kneeling during the anthem.

He would not want to be disrespected, nor have his family made to feel attacked, nor have his people, his teammates or his friends feel insulted, YET he cannot exercise the principal of the golden rule and view how his actions are offensive to others even when it's been pointedly & repeatedly explained to him right to his face, and despite the fact that the golden rule is a major tenet of his religion.

You ready? You look ready.
Last I checked, Trump hasn’t destroyed America, but he’s trying awfully hard.

Let him kneel. But the day he starts stabbing pigskins we cuff him.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ni..._share_twitter

I guess we shall see how it plays out in the long run. The short run sure looks pretty fruitful.

Go ahead Twitter, ban Trump! I dare you!

You ready? You look ready.
His account is a national security threat, so I really wish they would ban him.

Also, I think I’m late: I was supposed to be out rounding up all those Nike shoes to give to homeless people before they get burned.

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ni..._share_twitter
I wonder if the increase is from the ad, or maybe they finally put the whip to those 10 year old Cambodian children to make them make a better product.