Retirements

Tools    

If you don't read the list threads, then what do you have to complain about?

People like talking about the movies they love and a lot of other people like reading about what other people love. Looking at someone's personal top 50 or top 100 or whatever is a fast and easy way to get an idea of who they are as a movie fan. These threads are unobtrusive and clearly labelled. It's easy enough to simply not click the link if you're not interested.

Ha...this has been the funniest day at MoFo since I arrived. I've been laughing so hard that I'm dehydrated.
Me too, and apparently one of these fights was my damn fault.

I'm probably in a lot of trouble.

In all seriousness, I freaking hate lists. If it helps, you all at least put more than one sentence into your listed items...

The whole thing is stupid and tedious.
I'm not really sure I get what you're saying. Would it be possible for you to make me a top ten list of why you hate lists?

I'm just messin' with ya man! We gotta lighten the load around here some.

Me too, and apparently one of these fights was my damn fault.

I'm probably in a lot of trouble.
I hope you're not serious about that last part.

I wish bouncingbrick would reply to more of the comments directed at his opinions about lists. I want to laugh more.

You know what would really make me burst... bouncingbrick arguing with 90'sAce. We should lock them in a thread together and give them random topics to debate.

Also, bouncingbrick, you generalise that we don't give enough detail in our lists and then you admit that you don't even read them. So I get the impression that you're just over generalising, and you don't know what you're talking about.

I hope you're not serious about that last part.
I hope I'm not.

No, I couldn't imagine that. It was an honest mistake. I had no idea anyone would take me serious. I knew you wouldn't, and I guess I didn't put enough thought into anyone else and their reaction.

It's what I've always hated about online. If I had been saying that where everyone could hear me, none of this would have ever happened. I mean, while I was saying it, I was laughing my ass off. Two of my children came by and asked me what was going on, so I told them what I said, and then how it got all messed up. They just teased me. They're use to me, though.

I hear ya Destiny. It's been said that of the five methods we have for communication, words are the least effective.

You should just use telepathy. It's the most effective for sure.

Master of My Domain
Someone needs to start a 10 crankiest MoFos of the day list.
Or maybe a leaderboard, updated every hour depending on the manner of their posts and how controversial they are.

Also, bouncingbrick, you generalise that we don't give enough detail in our lists and then you admit that you don't even read them. So I get the impression that you're just over generalising, and you don't know what you're talking about.
I tried reading them. I've been a member here for quite some time. I've even popped in to Matt72582's top 50 recently because I hate myself. It's gotten so tedious though (and I always get hung up on the number ranking thing, you have no idea how much that bothers me...), that I've just had to stop.

If you don't read the list threads, then what do you have to complain about?
My problem is it's overrun the forums. Right now on the main page there's Matt's aforementioned list, a top 50 list of superheroes, a top ten best battles, the Towers top movie heroes, and there's threads that will turn into lists like best movie vehicle, best moon film (??), best film about loneliness, and favorite Tom Cruise movie. We need a sub-forum for "lists."

Or maybe a leaderboard, updated every hour depending on the manner of their posts and how controversial they are.
Dude, don't give me a goal. That would just make things so much worse!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	movies.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	20820  

This is what I was posting that in regards to... I dont see how someone can say one film is better than another as far as ranking them.. there is no way I can do that... they are all special in their own way..
I keep hearing this and I'm afraid it's bollocks and I'll prove it.

Die Hard, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There you go. Took about 5 seconds.

I keep hearing this and I'm afraid it's bollocks and I'll prove it.

Die Hard, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There you go. Took about 5 seconds.
Empire Strikes Back, Back To The Future, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, 100's of other films, Die Hard.

5 seonds to fix. You could do it MovieGal, trust your feelings.

Master of My Domain
Charlie's Angels, the rest are great masterpieces.

Took 1 second.

I tried reading them. I've been a member here for quite some time. I've even popped in to Matt72582's top 50 recently because I hate myself. It's gotten so tedious though (and I always get hung up on the number ranking thing, you have no idea how much that bothers me...), that I've just had to stop.
One example doesn't exactly give much context for what you've looked at. Matt's personal list is not characteristic of the rest of our lists in any sense that could give you a generalised perspective. It sounds to me like you're just looking for confirmation bias by giving one example of a list you don't like. There's no point in arguing, but a debate serves a purpose if you're willing to listen to other people and learn. You don't have any obligation to tell us that you don't like our lists. Are you trying to make people feel bad? Why not just keep it to yourself?

I mean to actually advocate that we should stop making lists even if they're all terrible, is incredibly ignorant. To actually try and advocate that they are all terrible is even worse. Would you stop doing something you enjoy just because one person in the world doesn't like that you're doing it?

Can you understand that we do it for fun and that there's nothing wrong with prioritising favorite movies?

Who do you think you are that we should conform to what you want us to do?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Your taking those threads a little to serious. There just fun list where people voice there opinion. You can find a lot in commen with other members by reading there lists. You need to lighten up.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "