Fun Facts of the Day

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Fun Fact #46
From Taken (2008)

The martial art style used by Liam Neeson is Nagasu Do. It's a hybrid martial art style that borrows from Judo, Aikido and Ju Jitsu.

Fun Fact #47
From Moulin Rouge (2001)

Nicole Kidman actually wears a wig throughout the movie. During Satine's trapeze entrance, blue light was used due to Nicole Kidman's pale skin tone, the director found that the blue light made her almost "glow" and therefore stood out during the scene.

Source: IMDB

Fun Fact #48
From The Sentinel (2006)

In the behind-the-scenes featurette, the Secret Service consultant for the movie stated that 'Eva Longoria' far surpassed the other actors in "shooting school". In fact, he remarked that her score would beat about 90% of members of the Secret Service. Longoria mentioned that when she was younger she often accompanied her father to the gun range, so being around and handling guns wasn't new to her.

Fun Fact #49
From The Pelican Brief (1993)

To research his role as reporter Gray Grantham, Denzel Washington spent time with Washington Post editors and reporters. The two main stars, Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington, do not appear on screen together until an hour and 5 minutes into the movie.

Fun Fact #50
From Se7en (1995)

Before Kevin Spacey was set to shoot his first scene, he asked director David Fincher if he should shave his head for the role. David Fincher replied "If you do it, I'll do it." Both Fincher and Spacey were bald for the remainder of the movie production.

Fun Fact #51
From The Godfather (1972)

Director Francis Ford Coppola worked with relatives in this film, (making it a family film in many contexts). In chronological order of appearance:
- his sister Talia Shire portrayed Connie Corleone throughout the trilogy
- his mother Italia Coppola serves as an extra in the restaurant meeting
- his father Carmine Coppola is the piano player in the Mattress sequence
- his sons Gian-Carlo Coppola and Roman Coppola can be seen as extras in the scene where Sonny beats up Carlo, and at the funeral
- and his daughter Sofia Coppola is the baby Michael Rizzi in the baptism (she was three weeks old at the time of shooting).

Fun Fact #52
From Charlie's Angels (2000)

An argument between Bill Murray and Lucy Liu shut down filming for a day. The script was re-written at least 30 times until one was deemed "acceptable" by the producers and director.

Fun Fact #54
From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Sean Connery and Harrison Ford wore no trousers during the shooting of the entire Zeppelin sequence (mainly because it was filmed in a very hot studio and Connery didn't want to sweat too much).

FUN FACT #*() really seems funny

Wow, sarcastic trolling much ^

Fun Fact #55
From Smokey and the Bandit (1997)

Was a Guilty Pleasure of Alfred Hitchcock according to his daughter Patricia Hitchcock.Jackie Gleason reportedly modeled his character, Sheriff Buford T. Justice, after Burt Reynolds' description of his father, a Georgia sheriff. Among the character traits that came from this was the use of "sum bit" instead of "son of a bitch". Gleason later stated that one of his greatest joys was learning that people in the Deep South had picked up using "sum bit" from the film.

Fun Fact #56
From The Professional (1994)

According to Jean Reno, he decided to play Léon as if he were a little mentally slow and emotionally repressed. He felt that this would make audiences relax and realize that he wasn't someone who would take advantage of a vulnerable young girl. Reno claims that for Léon, the possibility of a physical relationship with Mathilda is not even conceivable, and as such, during the scenes when such a relationship is discussed, Reno very much allowed Mathilda to be emotionally in control of the scenes. This is Natalie Portman's motion picture debut. She was 11 when she was cast.

Source:IMDB

Fun Fact #57
From Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

Some 20 years before filming this movie, actress Jean Adair had helped to nurse a very sick vaudeville performer named Archie Leach back to health; by the time she was asked to reprise her Broadway "Arsenic and Old Lace" role as Aunt Martha for this film, Adair and Leach, now known as Cary Grant, were old friends.

Fun Fact #58
From Schindler's List (1993)

Steven Spielberg's first R-rated film. Spielberg was unable to get permission to film inside Auschwitz, so the scenes of the death camp were actually filmed outside the gates on a set constructed in a mirror image of the real location on the other side.

Couldn't really think of anywhere else to put this. Hope it's ok.

The role of Han Solo in the original 1977 ‘Star Wars’ film was famously played by a young Harrison Ford, but he wasn’t first choice for the lead. It turns out there were many famous names in consideration, and none more surprising than Sly Stallone’s recent revelation…

In an interview with fans to promote action-thriller ‘The Expendables’, which he wrote, directed and starred in, Stallone confirmed he screen-tested for the ‘Star Wars’ character for iconic director George Lucas before he became a household action-hero name. The star said, “Yes, as a matter of fact I did and it didn't meet with much approval since when I stood in front of George Lucas he didn't look at me once." He went on to add that he wasn’t too disappointed, “Well, obviously I'm not the right type… [It] all worked out for the best since I don't look good in spandex holding a ray gun."

In the end Stallone won the part of ‘Rocky’, which was scheduled for release at the same time as ‘Star Wars’ until delays with the special effects forced the blockbuster sci-fi hit to come out five months later.

The admission surprised fans and prompted us to delve deeper into the distant galaxy to see which other big names were considered for the part.

As it turns out Harrison Ford was never intended to play the scruffy space-rogue as Lucas didn’t want to work with any of the actors that appeared in his 1973 film, ‘American Graffiti’. Ford was instead brought in to read lines while other actors auditioned for the various parts. Kurt Russell and Christopher Walken came close to securing Han Solo for themselves, but other names in discussion included Nick Nolte, Richard Dreyfuss, John Travolta and Robert De Niro.

Sissy Spacek and William Katt read for the roles of Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker but ended up taking parts in the Stephen King adaptation ‘Carrie’, which was auditioning at the same time as ‘Star Wars’.

But the original film wasn’t the only ‘Star Wars’ to have famous names banded around for the lead roles. In an interview for ‘Inception’ recently, Leonardo DiCaprio squirmed uncomfortably while admitting he met with George Lucas and was asked to star in the prequels as Anakin Skywalker. At the time DiCaprio had shot to fame in ‘Titanic’ and had most of Hollywood eating out of his hands after proving what a great success he was at character acting in films such as ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?’ and ‘This Boy’s Life’. DiCaprio revealed in the same interview that he turned down the lead role in ‘Spider-Man’ and as Batman’s side-kick Robin too, not wanting to associate at that time with a franchise.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/arti...star-wars.html

I don't think I could ever see Stallone as Han Solo. Ever.

A more well known story after American Graffiti and Star Wars, Lucas didn't want Ford to be Indiana Jones either. Lots of people were considered for that role as well, and Tom Selleck was cast. However, Selleck chose to do "Magnum P.I." instead. Thankfully.

You might have become a Tom Selleck fan instead.

You might have become a Tom Selleck fan instead.
Maybe, but I think I've would've become a Ford fan too. It's destiny.

Originally Posted by honeykid
Maybe that would've lead to Harrison Ford dating Monica in Friends?
That's too funny
And Bruce Willis dating Rachel, that would make "Friends" one of my favorite t.v. shows just by guest stars.

Spielberg was unable to get permission to film inside Auschwitz
Good. That would have been absolutely the most obscene thing in Jewish history if he were allowed to actually film inside there.

Good. That would have been absolutely the most obscene thing in Jewish history if he were allowed to actually film inside there.
Really? More obscene that the systematic slaughter of the Jews in the first place?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think planet is currently possessed by the "spirit" of Jean-Luc Godard (even though Godard is allegedly still living). The director also has some crazy-ass ideas about Spielberg and Schindler's List.

^ "Allegedly". Paul is dead, man.

GOD-ard, to yall.

And honeykid, ya got me with that one, but at least The Holocaust wasn't committed in the guise of the Jewish name. If you have any respect for The Holocaust, don't make a film that formally celebrates the values that brought it about.