Indiana Jones 5

Tools    

Mig
Is Shia Lebeouf supposed to be in this one??

If not, then it's already better than the previous film.

...uh the post is up there...

The only role Shia should have in an Indiana Jones film, is being the chauffeur for Harrison Ford at the Premiere.

Shia Lebeouf's character should suffer a horrible death in Indiana 5 - you know, just for added drama.
Might I suggest he get eaten by cannibals? Please!

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I don't have any problem with Shia. I just don't think I could take any more of him in this new movie than in the last one

I'll make no excuses, I truly hate Shia Labeouf. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about any of the films I have seen him in. His forced awkwardness, and poor comedic timing coupled with the ridiculous "toug guy" act in Indy IV was just awful. He's seriously like if Dustin Diamond and Jason Biggs had a love child, yeah that would be him.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im really shocked that I had a negative rep because I said I dont like the Indy films! I have already stated that I havet seen them in years and that I need to watch them again so thankyou Susanscott1989!!!

BAD IDEA. Indiana 4 wasn't that good compared to the previous ones. I suggest they introduce new characters to keep the story fresh and in sync with today's generation. Not many people knew who Indy was. They need new audience. Introducing Shia in 4 was a good move..

BAD IDEA. Indiana 4 wasn't that good compared to the previous ones. I suggest they introduce new characters to keep the story fresh and in sync with today's generation. Not many people knew who Indy was. They need new audience. Introducing Shia in 4 was a good move..

My ten year old nephew knew who Indiana Jones was, and the tweens in the audience seemed fairly aware of the characters. It's like saying kids today don't know who Darth Vader is. Shia ain't no Indy, sorry folks. Maybe he could play the obnoxious, tag-along sidekick that gets taken out, like at the beginning of Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

I hate to say it, but I'm not at all excited by this prospect.

Indy 4 was less than stellar (to put it nicely) and I really don't like Lebeouf.
Other than his voice work in Surf's Up, I haven't liked anything I've seen him do and I just can't find anything really redeeming about him.

He's not talented and he's not attractive. He's not even so untalented as to make him amusing to watch. There's just nothing there.

Couldn't disagree more; he's very funny and I like the energy he brings to his roles. He's been doing this a long time; check out Even Stevens if you haven't. Good stuff at a very young age. To each their own, though.

That said, as annoyed as disappointed as I was with Crystal Skull, I like the character too much not to see anything they care to put out with that name on it. I might be let down by most (all?) of it, but I'm buying a ticket all the same.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
That said, as annoyed as disappointed as I was with Crystal Skull, I like the character too much not to see anything they care to put out with that name on it. I might be let down by most (all?) of it, but I'm buying a ticket all the same.
yep, and this is how they will keep getting a profit on this household name 25 sequels later!

i don't mind Shia LaBeouf; i wouldn't say he's talentless, but he is kind of hit or miss. he was bordering on awful in Crystal Skull, but i thought he did an amazing job in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints and i enjoyed Holes and The Greatest Game Ever Played. i think the kid has a lot of potential.

though i'd rather not see him in another Indiana Jones flick.

Yeah, it's too bad he apparently has to have such a big part in the next one. I'd rather see it be more about Indy than him, but I have a bad feeling about that...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I dunno, I guess I have bad taste or something, but I really enjoyed Crystal Skull. It was fun, escapist entertainment, and I couldn't ask for any more than that. I'd like to see Indy 5.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't think you have bad taste at all; even though I was disappointed, I still gave it
in my review in May of '08. The basic idea is that I was just too happy to see the character again to care much about all the things wrong with it.

It was definitely fun, escapist entertainment, but it's victimized by the fact that the previous films managed to be those things, but were still witty and intricate and largely devoid of the things about adventure films that always drive me (and others, I assume) up the wall.

I'm hoping that Lucas got the message that things like aliens aren't very well recieved in a classic adventure series. I always respected the idea though because he was trying to do for 50's B-movies what they did for classic adventure serials since Crystal Skull was set in the 50s.

I'll be looking forward to this one because I heard George Lucas say something about it being linked to the aliens in part 4. Maybe it'll be called Indiana Jones and The Saucermen. Maybe it'll go to their planet and show how selfish, mean and powerful these aliens are compared with humans and they have a duel with Indy. That would be fun.