Horrible Movies that you felt compelled to finish

Tools    

If we were talking about books this would be a no brainer for me. I hated the Twilight books. I was looking for something like the Harry Potter and a librarian recommended the twilight series. (consider that I was not he intended audience for those books, so I realize that I can't say that they were objectively terrible). My point is I finished the entire series, because I thought the author had a good idea for a contemporary vampire story, but I thought the execution was not very good. I read them for laughs. i encouraged others to read specific passages for laughs.

Has anybody ever felt compelled to watch a movie for similar reasons? You already decided that the movie is terrible, but it is like a car wreck, you have to know what happens.

Some movies were made for this very reason. You laugh more at how bad they are than any sense of story, etc.

Planet 9 from outer space
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

I read "Bless The Child a year before the movie came out and the movie was horrible. They changed a lot from the book.

I read "Willow" before the movie and was just as pleased.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Has anybody ever felt compelled to watch a movie for similar reasons? You already decided that the movie is terrible, but it is like a car wreck, you have to know what happens.
I don't usually do that with movies, but there are some TV shows that I watch that I have no idea why I haven't given up on them yet.

I watched "Gotham" until the end because I just wanted to see Bruce Wayne become Batman. I stopped enjoying it at least 3 years before it ended.

I haven't given up on "Arrow" or "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" yet, even though I haven't really enjoyed either show for the past couple of years. Both shows will be ending soon, so I just want to see how they end.

Recent trainwrecks include the current shows "The InBetween", "Reef Break", and "Grand Hotel". I have no idea why I haven't stopped watching these shows.

If I paid to watch a movie, then I feel compelled to finish it.
I never walked out on a movie I paid to see.

Although, during Gremlins, I got a horrible bout of diarrhea and spent most of the movie in the bathroom (no reflection on the movie, but on wherever I ate beforehand)!

If I paid to watch a movie, then I feel compelled to finish it.
I never walked out on a movie I paid to see.

Although, during Gremlins, I got a horrible bout of diarrhea and spent most of the movie in the bathroom (no reflection on the movie, but on wherever I ate beforehand)!
To bad movie theaters don't have chairs that....oh never mind

The only time I feel compelled to finish a horrible movie is when I'm watching it for a hall of fame.
Agree, for me I would never have trudged my way through Split (19th HoF) and Marianne (Pre-30s) had I not needed to.

Welcome to the human race...
All of them, I guess? I got that kind of mentality where I feel that I need to finish a movie if I'm going to hold any kind of concrete opinion on it (especially negative ones).

Not just endured it, but pretended to enjoy it.

Judwaa 2. It wasn't a sequel, but a remake of a poor nineties Bollywood flick.

Unfortunately, it was the choice of my Tinder date, whom I really fancied.
Sitting there in a packed theatre, most of which was laughing at OTT acting and cheap jokes, I wondered about the state of humanity.

Worse I never got rewarded for my effort.

The ones I usually suffer through are those with actors I like or directors I like that are not worthy of their talents. I thought a movie with Steve martin and Helena Bonham Carter would be okay, but Novacaine was bad. There were several movies by Woody Allen in that lost period between September and Scoop. Some were okay, but the only real good one from that period in my opinion was Mighty Aphrodite. Some of them were torture to sit through (Hollywood Ending, Say Anything, etc.), but I am a diehard fan, so I watched them.

Welcome to the human race...
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem - the ultimate in awful movies I wouldn't bother with if they weren't already part of a franchise (or franchises) I liked. Then again, maybe Hellraiser: Revelations is worse in this regard.

Bad Boys II - it got name-checked in Hot Fuzz and people have mounted some interested defences of it so that made me think there was something of worth here, but no. At least I expected the Transformers movies to be bad, whereas the disappointment of watching this stings harder.

Tusk - because I'll probably end up watching every Kevin Smith movie despite the fact that every good movie he does is balanced out by two or three bad ones.

The Birth of a Nation - the ultimate in films you'd only feel compelled to finish because they're important to film history.

Since I watch most movies online nowadays, I feel no compulsion to finish a terrible movie...if it's bad or I'm bored with it, I turn it off. Now there have been movies that I have actually seen in a theater that were a waste of money. I actually went to the box office and asked for my money back after watching 15 minutes of a 1976 comedy called Nickeloden. I also feel asleep watching The Hindenburgh and the Al Pacino-Robin Williams film Insomnia.

Live-action Disney films such as The Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King. I watched them just to convince myself that they will never be as good as the original animated films.

I liked the live action Beauty and the Beast...haven't seen Aladdin or Lion King yet. I actually found Aladdin online a couple of weeks ago, but it was dubbed in another language so I turned it off.

2001: A Space Odyssey. Mostly because I'd already tried and failed 4 times previously.

I saw it through but it left be totally non-plused, a very weird film

The Nun (2018) was awful – especially the idiotic dialogue – but I managed to get through it in two chunks.

I watched Beast (2017) with reasonable expectations. The reviews sounded okay, and if was advertised as a crime/drama/mystery. And the first 2 acts weren't bad. But then a sinking feeling started tugging at me, although I ignored it and rode it to the idiotic ending. The movie had promise but the writers insisted upon dreadfulness.. It devolved into a lame horror finish.

However, I thought that the actress who played the female protagonist --Jessie Buckley-- was fascinating and alluring: a cute red-headed Irish lass who has classical UK features. Will be looking for some more from her.

N.B. I did start her series, The Last Post, but it didn't hold my interest. Still, she's a doll.

~Doc

Aliens vs Predator: Requiem - the ultimate in awful movies I wouldn't bother with if they weren't already part of a franchise (or franchises) I liked. Then again, maybe Hellraiser: Revelations is worse in this regard.
Oh yes! I remember being psyched to see this - I thought the first Alien vs. Predator (2004) was decent (but could have been better) and thought the sequel would make up for any lack and add a twist by moving the action from an isolated location to a populated one in the way Predator II had moved the action from a jungle (in the original) to a large city.

Wow - what a disappointment it was: it came off almost as a spoof of teen slasher movies that was severely lacking in both Aliens and Predators!