Dark Phoenix

Tools    

How quickly you can become a highly paid actress. Just like Sophie Turner, there are millions, I do not notice her special talent.
I'm not convinced either . I saw Michael Fassbender talking about the film and he complimented Turner on her playing of duality. How successful she is I don't know, as I've only seen bits. I think making it interesting and dramatic is the extra ingredient otherwise it might seem mechanical (though the often clipped dialogue doesn't help). To her credit she knows a superlative actor when she sees one, as she's said that her scenes with Fassbender were the most daunting.

One thing I thought was interesting in what I have seen, is the music for Magneto. There can't be that many characters out there who've had this many themes written for them. I like what Hans Zimmer did and I wondered whether he'd approached his score as a deconstructed version of the ones that came before. His Magneto theme appears to take inspiration from the First Class music, and I think it's second only to that, which to me is one of the best character themes out there. I think in this kind of franchise it's good to give the characters a strong identity in the music, and that's always disappointed me with John Ottman's scores.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm not convinced either . I saw Michael Fassbender talking about the film and he complimented Turner on her playing of duality. How successful she is I don't know, as I've only seen bits. I think making it interesting and dramatic is the extra ingredient otherwise it might seem mechanical (though the often clipped dialogue doesn't help). To her credit she knows a superlative actor when she sees one, as she's said that her scenes with Fassbender were the most daunting.
It's not like he is going to sh*t on her acting. It's just people being nice to one another. How many times have you seen interviews where someone calls another actor "Brilliant" or "amazing to work with" it's all BS.

She can't act. She's gotten better at it since her early work on GoT, but she feels too wooden, all the damn time.

Suspect's Reviews

She can't act. She's gotten better at it since her early work on GoT, but she feels too wooden, all the damn time.
Mm, as I said above: I'm not convinced.

It's not like he is going to sh*t on her acting. It's just people being nice to one another. How many times have you seen interviews where someone calls another actor "Brilliant" or "amazing to work with" it's all BS
Yeah, I saw it as professional courtesy. He's just – I think genuinely – praising how she tackled the requirement to be two different personalities at once.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Jesus,

They actually made a dark Phoenix film worse than X3.

-Writing so bad and cringeworthy that it completely took me out of the film on at least 20 occasions.
-Actors just going through the motions, all wasted and embarrassed by the dialogue they had to utter and garbage plot.
-Several moments where I had to suspend belief due to constant plot devices.
-Terrible decline since the excellent First Class and DOFP.

I saw a comment online yesterday that made me laugh and I completely understood where they were coming from. Something like "People being lifted into the air on wires is NOT flying – come on".

I've actually noticed this more with Beast, who doesn't exactly fly, but his jumps in the prequels always look like obvious wire work. Weirdly, I caught the end of X-Men: The Last Stand the other day and they did a much more convincing job with it there. It could have something to do with the fact that he is much bigger and more like a big animal, so you believe he has enough power to propel himself in this way, and the movements are more natural and fluid.

You ready? You look ready.
I finally saw this over the weekend. It was worse than I thought it would be but better than I thought it would be.

At least it wasn't as bad as X-Men 3. Close. Real close but still better.

One thing is certain: Quicksilver did all the work.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
I finally saw this over the weekend. It was worse than I thought it would be but better than I thought it would be.

At least it wasn't as bad as X-Men 3. Close. Real close but still better.

One thing is certain: Quicksilver did all the work.
Huzzuh?

I did finally see this, and it was a real drag to sit through. Not a good movie.

You ready? You look ready.
Huzzuh?

I did finally see this, and it was a real drag to sit through. Not a good movie.
I thought it was going to be an absolute train wreck from beginning to end, but it had some decent stuff in it. Alas, it wasn't enough to make it decent so it still ended up being bad.

Basically, I have no idea how I feel about it but I ain't about to watch it again to find out.

But that Magneto helmet scene. ****ing gold I tell you!

I thought it was going to be an absolute train wreck from beginning to end,
I like it that there are at least two train wrecks in the film .

But that Magneto helmet scene. ****ing gold I tell you!
WARNING: spoilers below
He plays that really well too – it's nasty. That's what I like about Michael Fassbender, he makes everything believable. I also thought there was an element of psychological cruelty from the possessed Jean in that this is what Erik did to the two German soldiers who'd been guarding his mother.

You can definitely appreciate why people complain about the logic and continuity.

WARNING: spoilers below
Erik saw Jean dismantle Apocalypse's defences and incinerate him, plus he's just – barely – managed to save the soldiers from Jean by forcing the helicopter out of her control. And yet he still thinks he's going to be able to kill her on his own .

I love the armoured train fight because he's not only using the metal around him but it also shows how he involves magnetic fields. Like where he impales one alien through the neck and then clenches his fist to force the body away. Watching him crushing the train is so therapeutic.