The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's

→ in
Tools    

Alright. Again sorry I haven't been around, guys. What did we get for total number of lists: 57? That's pretty good for the 40s, I think. Can't wait till we start the countdown. ETA?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Alright. Again sorry I haven't been around, guys. What did we get for total number of lists: 57? That's pretty good for the 40s, I think. Can't wait till we start the countdown. ETA?
I will begin things this coming Sunday, September 10th. I am not too sure on an approximate time yet. I am thinking I will do it between 2:00-4:00 in the afternoon (Central time). That is my plan for right now. I will know by Friday what time for sure, but I am planning on that time for now.

I will begin things this coming Sunday, September 10th. I am not too sure on an approximate time yet. I am thinking I will do it between 2:00-4:00 in the afternoon (Central time). That is my plan for right now. I will know by Friday what time for sure, but I am planning on that time for now.
My birthday! I'm very flattered, SV..

~Doc
uses shameless advertising

I started the '70s List less than 24 hours after the turn in deadline. And I had 99 ballots. Not bragging, just saying.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Don't listen to them, the masses are always clamoring for their countdowns as quickly as possible. They're going to lean on you to post them more quickly than you'd planned, too. They'll be totally shameless about it.

Id say do them however paced the thread runner who opened it wants too. But this kind of countdown tends to be faster. When the 50s was done it was done 2 a day. And that seems a good format.

All of the big, official decade lists have revealed two movies a day, until you get to the top ten when you slow to one a day.

We were talking about how long the gap has been since the lists were turned in to the first two reveals (still waiting!).

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I said this is April:
The deadline for all lists will be Sunday, September 3rd
Then I said this:
The countdown will begin on Sunday, September 10th
It has been out there this whole time that it was going to be that gap of a week between the deadline and the start of the countdown. Besides, I said just a few days ago that I would start it on Sunday. It is already Friday. All of those days have gone by and there are finally comments being made on the wait?

I am sure everyone has a lot going on in their lives, but I do have things going on that, unfortunately, take up a big chunk of my time. I knew back in April that the week was going to be needed before this was going to begin. Will I be able to do a reveal everyday? Of course! Unless something unforeseeable happens, that is not going to be a problem at all. Would I have been able to get everything in order to have begun this countdown the following day? Absolutely not. There was no way. I needed this week. It was the only way to ensure that I would get everything done right.

I will definitely begin this on Sunday sometime during the hours that I said the other day. My original plan was to just kick things off with the one point films and then begin the actual countdown the following day. But if you guys are that eager to get the countdown started, would you like me to also go ahead and reveal the first two films on the list that day?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
this is your show, @SilentVamp, run it the way YOU wish to.
Opening with the one pointers sounds wonderful. And then starting the countdown the day after will do beautifully.
And, as previously, and will a number of times during this, THANK YOU for hosting this!!

Can someone link me to a relevant post on what's happening, please?

Thanks again Vamp for hosting, was going to say when the Countdown started but i'm really confused right now.

Can someone link me to a relevant post on what's happening, please?

Thanks again Vamp for hosting, was going to say when the Countdown started but i'm really confused right now.
Doesn't it say the the first post on the thread that the Countdown is starting on Sunday?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Doesn't it say the the first post on the thread that the Countdown is starting on Sunday?
yeah i didn't look at the first post, had like 8 PMs.

No need to be a dick.
8 private messages? Well, aren't you Mr. Popular.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@SilentVamp, you should run this countdown when you want to and how you want to, and if they want to complain about it, you should make everyone wait until Christmas to start the countdown.