The 2022 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.
I also voted for Rebecca Hall's long monologue in Resurrection (but I can't find a full clip for that).
That was great! Unfortunately I didn't see Resurrection until after the nominations came out.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Anyone want to share some of the memorable/funny scenes they submitted that didn't make the cut?
Top Gun Maverick • Intro Opening Scene IMAX 8K - Anthem & Danger Zone

Drunk Pádraic - The Banshees of Inisherin

Just finished watching The Fabelmans. I didn't really have any interest in watching it before, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Glad it was nominated in quite a few categories, since I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

There are only 2 weeks left to get your ballots in!

Much like the deadline for the nominations round, you'll have the entire day to get your list in. I'll be checking my inbox Saturday morning, but as before, I won't be particular about the exact timestamps on any last-minute submissions.

Anyone want to share some of the memorable/funny scenes they submitted that didn't make the cut?
That's a cool idea!

Mild Spoilers Warning:

Memorable Scene Votes:

Naatu Naatu, RRR (Made It)

Rescuing Malli/Revelation, RRR. The scene outside of the mansion where Bheem tries to rescue Malli only to learn that his friend Rama is an undercover cop features all sort of fireworks both directly and indirectly as friends become enemies and animals get loosed from their cages.

Bheem's Flogging, RRR. Here, Bheem is being punished for his actions against the British crown and Rama is being asked to flog him with a whip. But Bheem refuses to kneel even as he's bleeding...defiantly singing a song the whole time. Even when the whip is switched for a more brutal one involving nails from the governor's wife, he keeps singing and refusing to kneel.

Destroying Miles's Mansion, Glass Onion: After watching the napkin go up in smoke, a drunk Helen decides to get revenge towards Miles by destroying his collection of glass sculptures. There's something cathartic about watching all of the glass get destroyed especially when the others start joining in. Birdie's delight in breaking a sculpture is one where we share. There's a bit more after that, but I'll leave it to y'all to watch.

Pinocchio performs for Mussolini, GDT's Pinocchio. With the encouragement of Spazzatura, Pinocchio decides to switch up the routine when Mussolini decides to visit the show. The performance leads to delighted kids and an enraged fascist leader.

Funniest Scene Votes:

Destroying Miles's Mansion, Glass Onion (Already Covered)

Benoit Solves Miles's Murder, Glass Onion (Made It)

Revealing the Clues to the Box, Glass Onion. Before they can head to Miles's mansion in Greece, they first have to solve a puzzle box with clues leading to the next riddle. Gotta love how everyone does things differently. Lionel and Claire work together while the daft Birdie tries desperately to keep up (even with assistance from Yo-Yo Ma!). Much to Duke's frustration, his Ma seems much more adept at solving the clues. And in the first sign that Helen is built different than the others, she just breaks the box apart with a hammer.

Revealing the Audience in the Philippines, Tar. After things take a big turn for the worse in Germany, Lydia takes a job working in the Philippines. But in one shot, we see how far things have fallen for Ms. Tar as the camera pans to the people listening to the orchestra.

There is only 1 week left to get your ballots in!

Just a reminder: everyone is able to vote in the finals! You do not need to have participated in the nominations round. You also do not need to have seen every film to submit a ballot.

@ApexPredator @Frightened Inmate No. 2; @Iroquois @LAMb EELYAK @rauldc14 @Siddon @TheUsualSuspect @Tugg

Hope you guys don't mind the mention, but I figured I'd remind you guys of the deadline, since you all participated in the nominations round, but haven't submitted a ballot yet.

It'll probably come down to the wire as I wanna squeeze some more titles in between now and next Friday.

I was optimistic about The Bubble. Though I may have just been on a Pedro Pascal high at the time since I had just finished watching Narcos.

As John-Connor has already said,

Today is the last day to submit a ballot!

The official deadline is up in about 12 hours, but since I don't work tomorrow I'll still be in bed at that point, so there is a little bit of leeway if you're late submitting your list haha.

Most of the people who participated in the nominations round have sent in a ballot, which is great to see! But again, just a reminder for anyone who is late to the party: you do not need to have sent in a ballot for that round in order to vote in this one!

Submissions are now closed.

I should be able to do the reveal sometime tomorrow. Unfortunately for those of you on the west coast of the US, it would have to be quite early because I work Monday morning and it would have to be finished up before 5pm Eastern.

If anyone has any time preferences, let me know and I'll see what I can do. However the only day I can do the reveal later than that would be Tuesday.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence

Since no one else mentioned any other preferred times, I can start the reveal in about an hour. If absolutely no one is around I might wait a little longer though. Hopefully at least raul will be here haha.