Evil Dead Rise (2023)

Tools    

It could very likely suck, but it looks cool. All that practical gore and effects and make-up.

But I wasn’t a fan of the reboot from 2013. The practical effects were cool and all, but it didn’t do much for me and I’ve seen it twice. But I will probably still see this unless it gets absolutely demolished on release.

do u guys think i should watch other ones before seeing this one? i only seen the first one from 1981
Yes. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness. And if you enjoy those, you might wanna try Ash vs The Evil Dead. It's a series that ran on STARZ for three seasons.

The preview looks great.....however, the movie looks pretty serious.....which I think is a mistake for an "Evil Dead" film. Putting the first film and crappy remake aside, the series success was bult on Bruce Campbell and humour mixed in with the gore. Granted that they have to move on from Campbell, they should still stick with that horror comedy formula that no doubt lifted those movies and tv show to the big successes they became.

I will watch it and hope it is good.

Yes. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness. And if you enjoy those, you might wanna try Ash vs The Evil Dead. It's a series that ran on STARZ for three seasons.
Personally, I liked the series better than the movies.....which I didn't think was possible.

Personally, I liked the series better than the movies.....which I didn't think was possible.
It was a fun, gore splattered watch. I wish Campbell hadn't gotten burnt out but at the same time I can't blame him. He wanted to try some roles that didn't involve someone firing a blood cannon at him once a week. They closed it out on a great note though. If he ever changes his mind they could pick up right where it left off.

is that a 2 and 3?
i think i heard of the series

is that a 2 and 3?
i think i heard of the series
Yes. Evil Dead II from 1987 and Army of Darkness from 1992.

Yes. Evil Dead II from 1987 and Army of Darkness from 1992.

There's also a soft reboot from 2013, and a TV series with a returning Bruce Campbell and Lucy Lawless. People are mixed on the soft reboot, but they love the show.

I loved the last Evil Dead movie. Can't wait to see this one.