The Marvels (2023)

Tools    

I have thoughts....and questions. While I really didn't care for the first one this seems like a different tone. But it also appears that you are going to have to watch the Marvel TV series and Secret Invasion...for this escapade I guess.

A system of cells interlinked
I just need to accept the fact that I need to stop watching both Marvel and Star Wars at this point in my life. It seems these creators will just never stop leaning into the silly, bathos-driven formula, which has become incredibly dated and tiresome at this point.

I'm very curious to see what IMAX theaters do with Dune coming out the week before. I don't know if I was running a theater I would want to give screens to this.

I just need to accept the fact that I need to stop watching both Marvel and Star Wars at this point in my life. It seems these creators will just never stop leaning into the silly, bathos-driven formula, which has become incredibly dated and tiresome at this point.
Yep, this. I decided a little while back I definitely didn't need to see all the shows, and while I'll probably still see all the movies, for now, I'm taking my time with most of them.

I agree 100%. I haven’t even started new season of Mandalorian yet, which is a show I have actually somewhat enjoyed, it just doesn’t feel like there are fresh ideas. It all feels so formula driven. I have started to skip some MCU stuff now, and it is just going to get easier and easier to do so if they don’t make a change.

I hate that you have to commit yourself to all these shows and side projects that just don't seem all that interesting. I have (had?) no intention of watching Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk. Didn't really like Captain Marvel. Thought it was one of the weaker Marvel entries. I still plan on catching the Obi Wan series and Andor. I don't know about Ahsoka because it's supposed to be inextricably tied in with Rebels.

The last season of Barry is debuting in five days and season 2 of Sweet Tooth starts on the 26th.

ACTIVATE DITHER MODE!

I hate that you have to commit yourself to all these shows and side projects that just don't seem all that interesting. I have (had?) no intention of watching Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk. Didn't really like Captain Marvel. Thought it was one of the weaker Marvel entries. I still plan on catching the Obi Wan series and Andor. I don't know about Ahsoka because it's supposed to be inextricably tied in with Rebels.

The last season of Barry is debuting in five days and season 2 of Sweet Tooth starts on the 26th.

ACTIVATE DITHER MODE!
It's really very much like what killed comics.

Granted, there were several reasons, but a big one is that every book became some sort of extension to whatever the ongoing company-wide "series" was.

Originally, cross-title series were something rare and special, but they also sold magazines... along with magazines that tied into the latest series.

As a once-a-decade per company thing - a company-wide series was an event, it was novel, it was "comics history" in the making, so you didn't mind buying a few extra books to be part of it, but then it snowballed.

There were virtually no more stand alone stories - everything tied in to whatever the latest series was. And it became series after series, tie-in after tie-in. If you were a completest and wanted the entire story - you'd go broke because you'd literally be required to buy dozens upon dozens of comic books (which, in modern times are several dollars each).

The days of buying a comic off the rack and reading a stand alone story were long over.

The MCU is really testing how far a "universe" can be expanded. The apotheosis of the MCU will be a real-time universe with channels showing the POV of all the heroes all the time. Must see media should not mean "you must have seen 100 hours of previous content to understand what's happening on a new show." Your world should just be a nice place to visit, but the new idea is that a perfect universe is one that we're basically living in: Easter-Eggs, memberberries, call-backs, homages, canon, cameos, previews, post-credit scenes, team-ups, cross-overs, after-shows, etc. I'm just done.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hats off to heroes who give high ratings to Marvel films. Thanks to you guys I know that instead of another Japanese masterpiece, I should watch another installment of Avengers. Sorry, but having seen all films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn't make you a movie connoisseur.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Yea - When I saw the embargo in place, I figured this had a good chance of being a stinker.

I have kind of stopped paying attention to/caring about the MCU at this point.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm backed up on unwatched Marvel and.it doesn't really make me angry anymore. Not to say I don't enjoy a lot of it but it certainly isn't what it used to be for me.

Critics loathe The Marvels, and it has the lowest opening weekend in MCU history.

https://apnews.com/article/marvels-b...a5e32717d888e8

Oversatuation with characters nobody cares about, and going away from the comic storylines. There is no class. There is no impact. There is no interest.