Movie songs

Tools    

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Movie songs. I mean, ideally, songs used as movie titles (opening, ending). Ideally, songs written for the movie, or mostly known for it, or attached to it. Songs with voices, lyrics. Theme songs. Movie songs.

Is it just me or are they getting rare (outside of Bond movies) ?

Anyway, this is a one post one song kind of thread. For some reason.

Opening credit sequences are becoming less and less important lately, which is a shame. I like them for how they provide a transition between the real world and the movie world.

I know that Nostalgia Critic is not everyone's cup of tea, but here's one of his better video essays, which is on this subject:

As for favorite movie songs, here's one of my sentimental favorites:

Was written specifically for Hannibal, I think, though they couldn’t decide where to put it for some time. To think Siouxsie Sioux had a voice like that in 2010s is ****ing mind-boggling.

Opening credit sequences are becoming less and less important lately, which is a shame. I like them for how they provide a transition between the real world and the movie world. I know that Nostalgia Critic is not everyone's cup of tea, but here's one of his better video essays, which is on this subject
It's half the problem. The other half is that films don't try to have a musical identity anymore. Every Frame a Painting made their last video about it :

So, no music plus no opening credits. Still, cool songs can or could be found in closing titles :

Welcome to the human race...
There's also the matter of the "Best Original Song" category at the Oscars (and whichever other awards bodies use said category) and how multiple recent winners have a loophole of sorts where they create a song that just gets played over the end credits so it can meet the standards for awards eligibility. Really adds to the idea of them being an after-thought in anything where music isn't already a major plot point.

We need to bring back end credits rap songs that explain the movie.

We need to bring back end credits rap songs that explain the movie.
Yeah. They should have used this as the Robocop end titles (or better yet, opening titles) :

More seriously, yeah, I was just thinking about old westerns that narrated the whole story in the movie's first minutes. I miss that.

Another good reason to bring movie songs back? Ray Parker Jr. needs the work:

A man unafraid to let the world know what made him feel good (bustin').

Remember back in the Fox days when all superhero movies ended with Nickelback songs? (Daredevil, Ghost Rider, etc)
At least we're not dealing with that anymore.
Is that Gregg Allman guy supposed to be better ?

Because, even though I'm far from a Hans Zimmer fan, I'm quite fond of the Black Rain soundtrack.

Is that Gregg Allman guy supposed to be better ?

Because, even though I'm far from a Hans Zimmer fan, I'm quite fond of the Black Rain soundtrack.
The Black Rain song would be Gregg's cheesiest moment if the Next of Kin song didn't already hold that crown.

Was written specifically for Hannibal, I think, though they couldn’t decide where to put it for some time. To think Siouxsie Sioux had a voice like that in 2010s is ****ing mind-boggling.

The Banshees seem to have a good knack for writing original tunes for shows/movies, since they also made this one for Batman Returns back in the day:

Movie songs. I mean, ideally, songs used as movie titles (opening, ending). Ideally, songs written for the movie, or mostly known for it, or attached to it. Songs with voices, lyrics. Theme songs. Movie songs.

Is it just me or are they getting rare (outside of Bond movies) ?

Anyway, this is a one post one song kind of thread. For some reason.

If you read my post on Bloodsport movie, you will see we meet the same place
The whole.movie making since the 80s and 90s has gone downhill into the 2005, 2010s,
No more passionate editing, let s say these are limited to blockbuster trilogies example: nolan s batman trilogy,soundtracks are only limited to major directors with a big budget

One of the best