‘Spoiling’ as in ‘ruining’

Tools    

True, but the female wouldn’t get pregnant if the males are fixed.
I guess I always think of it as math. If you have 10 cats (assume 5 female and 5 male) and you only neuter the males, all it takes is one unneutered male to wander into the area and BAM, you potentially have 5 litters of kittens. But if you fix as many females as possible, it doesn't matter how many unneutered males there are, because the potential litters of kittens are limited by the number of females, not the number of males.

It depends on the budget of the group or individual doing the TNR. Some groups can’t afford both procedures & I think it’s wise to do the males only in that case.

Also, I don’t want to come off as sanctimonious in this matter. I always say “don’t feed to breed”, but it’s not possible always to fix every cat even if we feed it. There are one or two in our backyard that cannot be trapped, will not go into a carrier, & cannot be handled. Period. I hope they’re fixed, but we have no way of finding out. If we don’t feed these particular cats they will just steal from the other cats who are fixed. So it’s tricky.
I definitely appreciate that there are logistical and budgetary issues. I say every little bit helps. I have two male cats who are very, shall we say, assertive, so I don't get a lot of interlopers in my yard.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
all four of my yard kitties are female. not one male in the bunch to chase off competitors. i THINK the orange cat (5th cat) is male, but if so, he never sticks around but a day or two at a time. useless! so tired of random new cats popping up. it's like MINE are spreading the word of free food. wtf?

what was the topic again?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I guess I always think of it as math. If you have 10 cats (assume 5 female and 5 male) and you only neuter the males, all it takes is one unneutered male to wander into the area and BAM, you potentially have 5 litters of kittens. But if you fix as many females as possible, it doesn't matter how many unneutered males there are, because the potential litters of kittens are limited by the number of females, not the number of males.
Definitely two sides to the coin on this one. We fix both regardless of gender so I will leave it at that.

You ready? You look ready.
I used to talk about movies in high school and felt the sting of a well placed barb. How the hell was I supposed to know it was a chick flick?

I used to share movies to people without giving any consideration to what they like and then got upset when they didn’t like it. Who does that?! That’s so lame.

These days I try not to share something unless I know they might at least like it and if they do there’s a solid 15 minute conversation after and then it fizzles. Some people just don’t think about cinematography and camera angles and movement, and lighting and audio and blah blah whatever gets your motor going.

For me it’s when I find a new movie with a great story and long sweeping takes of landscapes. Holy cow that gets me going like crazy and I ain’t found many that feel that way about film so I geek alone. To share is questionable at best. At least I ain’t drinking alone!

...I used to share movies to people without giving any consideration to what they like and then got upset when they didn’t like it. Who does that?! That’s so lame....
Probably all the MoFos do that, so you're in good company

Definitely two sides to the coin on this one. We fix both regardless of gender so I will leave it at that.
Yes, different approaches (sort of)--not an argument at all.

I mean, we're cat ladies, but we're not crazy cat ladies.

We're Classy Cat Ladies.

(I hope you do not take offense at the term Cat Lady).

(I hope you do not take offense at the term Cat Lady).
Heck no. But, in my neighborhood, my friend Cathy is “the cat lady”, not me.