Why does it seem most actors/actresses have to have the need to smoke?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Did you dream this movie? Cuz I can't find it anywhere online... would be a pretty awesome dream though.
It was a pipe dream.

It was a pipe dream.
No pipe, just Christopher Buckley and Jason Reitman.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Smoking is an American pass time, but beyond the overly patriotic nahnahnahs, we love Europe, its "stylish" and makes you feel good...but isn't great for you.

I vow to become the first model/actress to promote NO SMOKING. That is one reason I like Ellen Page so much is because she is such a good role model for us teenagers out there.

People smoked in the 30's, 40's and 50's cuz of this:

They smoked in the 70's cuz of this:

They smoked in the 80's cuz of this:

They smoked in the 90's cuz of this:

They smoke now cuz of this:

GLAMOROUS MOVIE STARS DO IT, ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL.

I knoooww, right!?! I'm a dude, but sh*t, I gotta keep it real; those guys are frickin' hawt.

But seriously, good for you Juno, I hope A) you become a famous model and B) You never pick up this disgusting habit.

Ah...never say never. Just don't try it and you might not get hooked on it. Being around people that do it can make you want it. It sucks, if you hang around smoke to much you can still get the withdraw symptoms.

I am also a major proponent of the something better to smoke of which you speak... I think, unless you're talking about cigars or something.

In unrelated news, mark f is cool regardless

Let's face it, smoking is the least of the bad habits they take up to stay thin.
The least just scattered my friends ashes today, she died of lung cancer :bawlig: she was 43yrs old

The least just scattered my friends ashes today, she died of lung cancer :bawlig: she was 43yrs old
I am so sorry Nebs. That is so sad and also so young to die.

The least just scattered my friends ashes today, she died of lung cancer she was 43yrs old
Sorry to hear that, Nebs.

But you know what I mean, don't you? Compared to various eating disorders, cocaine, heroin, speed, a variety of prescription drugs, I think that smoking is a lesser evil.

It is.

And to all you "cool" people out there. Smoking the reefer can be just as bad for your lungs as smoking tobacco. You can look it up.

Sorry to hear that, Nebs.
Thanks

But you know what I mean, don't you? Compared to various eating disorders, cocaine, heroin, speed, a variety of prescription drugs, I think that smoking is a lesser evil.
In the long run they are all as bad as each other

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I vow to become the first model/actress to promote NO SMOKING. That is one reason I like Ellen Page so much is because she is such a good role model for us teenagers out there.

How is she is a good role model? I don't know much about her, but I'm curious because I think it takes a bit more than a public statement saying smoking sucks to be a good role model. What else has she done?

And many many model/actresses have gone on the books to support no smoking, so you would be the second or third or four thousand and one hundredth to do so. A few years back Kirsten Dunst was on a huge anti-smoking campaign. These things are fads and come and go.

I say light up if you want. If you don't, then don't light up.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201