HBO's In Treatment

Tools    

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Okay, I'm not one to usually start thread, but I didn't see one on this show and it deserves a conversation if there are others out there that have watched it. It's a pretty great series and if you have HBO and have never seen this show, you should check it out.

I got a deal with Comcast and I just got HBO back after not having it for a while. And I knew about this show because I've been a fan of Gabriel Byrne's for quite a while. So I checked this out on Monday night.

I have read critics that said the show is rather addicting and I'd have to agree. They showed five episodes Monday night and I watched all five. Now, I'm biting at the bit wondering when I can catch some more.

I find it thrilling that a show that is nothing more than a dialogue between two characters can be so entertaining and interesting. The four different characters are all people I've met -- they're drawn so realistically and the dialogue is superbly written. You can feel the tension grow to a climax in each episode. And Gabe is superb (but I knew he would be.)

Any other fans? I gather I'm in mid-season and I don't know what I've missed, but I'm sure to not miss any more episodes....

Terrific HBO series. A re-boot of the original (which was excellent) that ended 10 years ago. The acting is very good especially Uzo Aduba. 24 parts.

(Can’t believe this thread originally got no traction. This series was one of the best productions from HBO.)