Dante's Inferno

Tools    

Based on the first part of the epic poem The Divine Comedy, Dante's Inferno is a new film that has been announced, but no release date has yet been given. It's not even in the making yet at this point in time (I believe), but Universal Studios has already won the film rights to it. This article explains that a little more in-depth:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Uni...ame-13178.html

What's particularly amazing about this is that Dante's Inferno has never been adapted into a major film or video game before, and now it's being adapted into both. Not much news about it exists right now, but from what I've read and seen, it looks awesome. The story of Dante's Inferno interests me a greatly; I'm currently in the midst of reading the poem and, after reading over 2/3'rds of it, I can tell it's my favorite literary work of all time.

This is a trailer of the confirmed, upcoming video game which now has a December 1, 2009 release date:

www.dantesinferno.com (To view the trailer, make sure to enter in a fake birthdate indicating you're at least 18 years of age. )

Can you say "epic"? Well, in this case, it actually is an epic.

***I apologize if a thread for this already exists. I did a quick browse-through and didn't find one.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
So this isnt a sequel to Dante's Peak, DAMMMM

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...make sure to enter in a fake birthdate indicating you're at least 18 years of age...
Tisk tisk.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In the Beginning...
Great, philosophical literature converted into mainstream film fodder? What's next, Beowulf?

Oh, wait...
Yeah, but Anthony Hopkins was in Beowulf, and he's a very well-respected, eloquent-sounding old British dude. So it's credible.

Although it doesn't stay true to the original story at all, really (it simply retains the character names and some very basic concepts of the story), the game trailer looks pretty promising to deliver one hell of an action/RPG. Who knows, maybe the film will surprise us, too.