DVD collection

Tools    

I recently counted my DVDS and i own 300+ of them. Im talking about bought from the shop in official dvd case movies not burnt ones. I own an array of movies including blockbusters such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park etc... and lesser know ones such as Magic in the Water, Love Potion No. 9 and Alice: through the looking glass. Im also a bit of a nerd as i arrange my movies in alphabetical order

Have YOU ever counted your movies?

I have 597 titles in my DVD collection, with a "title" defined as:

-An individual movie
-A single concert or comedy special
-A single documentary
-A single season of a television series (or a "best of" type collection of episodes), when seasons are released and purchased individually
-An entire television series, when the series is released and purchased as a complete set

Not lately. I am however moving all my films from one room to another at the moment in order to decorate a room. Last time I counted I had 800+ DVDs and 100+ blu rays. All legally 'bought from the shop' films. I've got rid of quite a few - sold/selling, charity and upgraded dvd to blu-ray.

I'll be counting my collection when I move them back into the room.

I have 597 titles in my DVD collection, with a "title" defined as:

-An individual movie
-A single concert or comedy special
-A single documentary
-A single season of a television series (or a "best of" type collection of episodes), when seasons are released and purchased individually
-An entire television series, when the series is released and purchased as a complete set

If i included my tv series i would have another 30 or so more

Not lately. I am however moving all my films from one room to another at the moment in order to decorate a room. Last time I counted I had 800+ DVDs and 100+ blu rays. All legally 'bought from the shop' films. I've got rid of quite a few - sold/selling, charity and upgraded dvd to blu-ray.

I'll be counting my collection when I move them back into the room.

After reading this it made feel like i was a weak movie fan but i am only 22 and still collecting so i hope to have as many as you one day!

^^Absolutely true.^^

Just look at my collection. Then add another 500-600 that I've recored. Then another 1000 VHS and yet I probably only saw about 15 films all last year and only one of them was released last year.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I probably only saw about 15 films all last year and only one of them was released last year.
And I bet every single one was a Drew Barrymore film!!!

1159 DVD movies and TV shows
That is a respectable number. The rest of these fools need to get their act together.

I got married 8 years ago to a woman who worked at Best Buy while she was going to college. Between my movie geek collection and her collection of X-Files seasons and DVDs she got at a discount, we have quite the collection. Our film purchases have dropped off significantly over the last couple years because of having another child and buying a house and films just aren't as good these days, IMO.

That said, at last count, we had over 1200. That was when we first started buying Blu-rays and we've got about 50-60 of those now. That's also counting TV box sets as 1 each. When I think about the number of house/car payments I could have made with that...

I'm wasting my life.

Having a big collection of films doesn't make you any bigger a film fan than someone with less.
Completely agree. I don't buy many DVDs because I usually don't enjoy rewacthing films, or if I do maybe once or twice. I only buy DVDs if I spot one I want to wacth for a good price, a good collection, or just a movie I like to rewacthing, like Appocalypse Now. I actually have none of my top 10 movies in my DVD collection, but I am planning to add Silence of the Lambs in there

I have about 30,40 dvd's.

144 DVD titles. I did have more but some got sold to second hand shops for nappy money and baby milk money, when I found myself out of work.
Did have over 1000 videos at one point but they were 'lost' by the removal men when I moved home about 10 years ago. Gutted.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Did have over 1000 videos at one point but they were 'lost' by the removal men when I moved home about 10 years ago. Gutted.
Ouch!!! No wonder you were gutted.

I'm in the middle of trying to organise my list of all the DVDs I own, which I will then post here when done. At present count I'd say it's about 1400+ and I've still got a lot to write up, so no idea what number if will end up as.