How do you buy your dvds?

Tools    

Cash or credit.

I used to just blind buy a lot in HMV or have the occasional splash in part-exchange stores when was building collection with a less discerning taste. I try to avoid online as i'll load up a huge shopping basket then realise I shouldn't be wasting money on any of it so cancel whole order. Now, i'll buy if see reduced for good price or on offer as tend to only buy Blu-Rays now and don't like shelling full price for something that'll be half of it in couple months.

I now live really close to a CEX where they have loads of awesome, cheap second hand DVDs. Looking forward to picking up maybe a couple a week for like £5. Most likely I'll buy one I know I want in my collection and the other will be blind.

In bulk. About 200 at a time.
LOL! Nice! That was me when blockbuster closed down by my house; I was there for 5 hours picking out DVDs. I ended up purchasing 105 DVDs. The manager there knew me well (we're both members of the PTA), he gave me a deal on them, $450 for the 105 DVDs.

But usually Fry's Electronics. I love Fry's, it's a tech nerds paradise!

Mostly online as the only shops in Britain that really sell everything film is HMV and most of their prices are absolutely terrible especially for blu-rays. Get some bargins in the supermarkets sometimes for new releases but they have a very small selection and always the mainstream/film chart stuff.

I shop online and import a lot since my blu-ray player can play any region dvd or blu-ray.

Can't stand used, so never buy used films unless it's out of print - for example I got a digi style pack of Trainspotting on dvd that you can't get anymore.

I also bulk buy when I go on holiday so I save on the postage cost - it's very expensive to get one blu-ray posted from France for some reason, so always bulk buy films when I'm over there because without the postage, they are very cheap compared to here.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I bought a good chunk of DVD's (and Blu-Rays) on the cheap when 2 of my local Blockbusters went under

I'm addicted to Ebay and can normal find the DVD cheep there. Paypal makes buying it soooo easy and if I buy them in regular intervals then I have something to look forward to in the mail all the time. Makes checking the mail fun.

I know that sounded like a cheesy infomercial but it's true. As long as the purchase stays under $5 my wife doesn't complain.

I buy New Releases each week at target, and regularly browse lots of other stores and ebay for old ones.

I buy most of my dvds from electronic stores, mostly a store called Stereo Studio, usually they have the movies I'm looking for. Everything over 10$ I consider a bit expensive, but sometimes I have to give a little more. I never buy new releases, I'd rather wait for it to get cheaper. If I can't find the dvd I'm looking for in any store I go to Play.com and see if they have it.

I buy DVDS online most of the time these days....

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I usually look on Amazon for mine as I rarely find better deals

Princess of Power
I usually get most of my DVD's from Amazon but I will spend time hunting in HMV now and again as their pricing is all over the place and you can get some really good deals on more obscure stuff.

HMV for me too. They've usually got a deal or two on, and they're pretty good if there's any problem with the disc (which is rare).
Last week I got 4 for less than a tenner, two of them were pretty recent releases too.

Bought from other places before, The Entertainer etc but their new discs always seem like factory seconds which have scripting problems and most of their stock is ex-rental stuff that's scratched to hell.
Had so much hassle with online stores too I find it's better to use an actual reputable high-street chain.