What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
However, you've played a blinder (pun intended) with your blind buys.
Any in particular that stand out?

And I just can't stop myself. Over at Sainsburys today and picked up another blind buy - Let the Right One In for £2

Boogie Nights - £2
Cruel Intentions - £3

Transamerica - £1
What's Eating Gilbert Grape - £2
The Red Shoes - £3
Bicycle Thieves - £3
Starter for 10 - £2
Hope and Glory - £3

All those and the bolded ones I've seen and love. I've never gotten on with The Red Shoes, but it's a classic and looks gorgeous. I really liked Let The Right On In, too.

Over at Sainsburys today and picked up another blind buy - Let the Right One In for £2
Oooh, great buy Jay. You'll enjoy that one I think, need to pick it up myself.

I myself picked up yesterday:

Almost Famous: Untitled (2 Disc Theatrical & Director's Cut)
There Will Be Blood
Black Dynamite

Havent posted in a while but theres alot:
All the new ones here in Australia for the last couple of months.

My Bloody Valentine (1981) Bluray. Decent little slasher film. Saw it in theaters a few years back, and thought I'd check it out.

I bought E.T for my Fiance's daughter. At first she was scared of the "monster" (she is 3 and a half) but now she is obsessed!!!!!
It was screened at my local cinema recently, the FACT in Liverpool. She loved it even more on the big screen!

all the real girls
badlands
blue valentine [blu]
diving bell and the butterfly, the
dogville
fantastic mr. fox [blu]
kiss kiss bang bang [blu]
lars and the real girl
road, the [blu]
source code [blu]

More great stuff from Shout Factory. Really pleased with this upgrade. Great to finally have nice widescreen transfers of The Big Dollhouse, and The Big Birdcage...Women In Cages is just an added bonus. I can trade in my pan and scan uk discs now.

The Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven (more the latter) go all intergalactic in this long overdue release of Corman's classic Star Wars knock off. Hurray for Battle Beyond The Stars.

the last time was.... Amadeus and an Audrey Hepburn Collection. bought them last christmas, but it's not for me. It's a xmas present for my gf. I'm not buying DVDs for me anymore. I buy blu-rays now coz i prefer watching movies in full HD.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Get the Amadeus Blu Ray then - It's a total stunner.

Me?

Because it's Senna, innit?

If the quality is as good as I'm hoping then my next stop will be to snap up the Whiskey Galore! and Kind Hearts and Coronets Blu Rays.

I picked up Blue Valentine to own because both Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling make a perfect on screen pair and make this movie very easy to watch.

Jumping The Broom

A breath of fresh air in a genre otherwise dominated by played-out Tyler Perry films. Acting and script alike make this film the gem that it is. It's a comedy, so you can assume happy ending, but there are a few great little twists in the plot that make the film much more interesting, and allow it to effectively avoid cliche status.

Angela Bassett & Loretta Devine, two of my fav actresses in Hollywood, were both outstanding.

Bought the Clint Eastwood: American Icon Collection. I got it mainly because it had Play Misty For Me on it, which is one of my all time favorites, but it also has Coogan's Bluff, The Beguiled, and The Eiger Sanction. Haven't seen the last two, but Coogan's Bluff is a great movie. And at just 20 bucks it was a steal.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I got the Stewart/Tennant version of Hamlet because it's awesome, and I'd watched the copy I had out from Netflix six times.

And I got Casanova because of the cast and it's not available elsewhere that I'd looked.

It was Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. Saw it in the theater and it sort of reminded me of The Notebook. Actually it was directed by the same guy.