What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

£12 for the pair in the Tesco sale.

Citters: 4 "Favorites Collection"

I haven't seen these movies in a long time, so I'm hoping they make for a good bad movie night but as far as I can tell from the covers of them:

Critters 1 - They multiply and it's really bad.

Critters 2 - After multiplying they mold themselves into a giant "Critterball"... their objective... burn down a farm.

Critters 3 - Fly over Manhattan and join forces to stop Leonardo DiCaprio's handsome self.

Critters 4 - Go to the Moon, cause it's the final frontier.

At least that's how I figure it, but I could be wrong...
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Because they were cheaper to buy than rent

because i it

It's funny how quickly Blu Rays have dropped in price. I paid a lot less for this (£17) than when I bought the Dollars trilogy on DVD. In fact I've probably paid half as much.

Over Christmas i got the following

And im not done yet, im buying Prison Break Season 4 and the Final Break as well as Dexter Season 1 and 2 and District B13, The City of the Lost children and Invasion of the body snatchers on Tuesday.

It's funny how quickly Blu Rays have dropped in price. I paid a lot less for this (£17) than when I bought the Dollars trilogy on DVD. In fact I've probably paid half as much.
It's weird, when I bought that box set I also got Duck You Sucker. I wonder why the blu-ray set didn't have it.

Hmmmm, something in my head is telling me that Duck You Sucker! is in another Blu Ray Pasta Western boxset. These are just the Eastwood/Leone ones.

That reminds me, I received the discs the other day and haven't checked it out yet. I'm a lazy sod.

That's an excellent deal, Tact. 6 quid per world cinema blu ray. You can't go wrong.

Usually, i'm awesome at getting good deals on DVDs. Most of mine are 2nd hand and in perfect quality with a year's warranty on them, so I usually get a good set for no less than 3 or 4 quid. Different story with region 1 DVDs though. I couldn't help it, I HAD to get In The Company Of Men and I don't see them releasing a Region 2 version anytime soon. Cost me 11 quid - the most expensive single DVD that's not a boxset that I have brought in years.