What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Dirty Dancing (1987) and Footloose (1984), along with the Footloose soundtrack, for my wife's Christmas stocking.

Looking forward to seeing Jackie Weaver in her award winning role

America Lost and Found: The BBS Story
THE CRITERION COLLECTION
  • Five Easy Pieces
  • The King of Marvin Gardens
  • Easy Rider
  • HEAD
  • The Last Picture Show
  • Drive, He Said and A Safe Place

Micmacs

Cyrus

Exit Through the Gift Shop
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I bought these collections of old movies from Target today - $9 each.

Do you think they're any good? I haven't seen any of the movies yet.

Anymore collections from this list that I should get?

Fox Studios Classics Quads

The People's Republic of Clogher
The world's worst photoist returns!

It's the Alien Anthology, for those of you with failing eyesight. I'd toyed with buying it myself but figured It'd only be for the first film.

Thankfully Santa was listening.

Excellent movie, Professional. Thornton is brilliant in it.

Elf (2003)

My wife wanted to watch it before Christmas, and since we cut down on our cable package we no longer get USA, which is the only channel showing it that I know of. It's one of our favorite Christmas films, though, so we probably should have bought it a long time ago.

I bought these myself because its Christmas and Santa hates me.
I've always been interested to know what you PAL people call a comprehensive collection of all the episodes in a television show. Here in the U.S. we call one year's worth of commissioned episodes a "season" and a "series" is the whole run of a show altogether.

So, my question is this: if your seasons are called series then what do you call a show itself?

Also, I got this little piece for Christmas.