Yikes - Don't Laugh at Me

Tools    

Tonight I decided to fill in the various "lists" and the results were...well, the word I used in the title of this thread fits it best: yikes. I'm still young (I'm 19), and I've only fairly recently began to explore the true classics and pre-1980's films (which is what a substantial portion of most or all of these lists consist of). I'd like to think I've seen quite a lot of movies for someone my age--my DVD collection is fairly impressive, with over 1,000 pieces--but I have yet to experience many of the true classics.

So don't laugh at my pitiful percentages. Over the coming months (and years), they are sure to increase.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Welcome to the human race...
I'm not laughing. Most of my own percentages exceed yours, certainly, (and I'm 18) but I'm still nowhere close to a large number of the members here in terms of high list percentages. It's all relative, and as long as you're willing to watch the classics (unlike other such "youngsters" who are willing to dismiss old films outright simply because they're not as exciting as newer films), I see no problem with that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My percentage is bad, I'm turning 21 by the end of the year.

I need to watch more classics.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm not laughing. Most of my own percentages exceed yours, certainly, (and I'm 18) but I'm still nowhere close to a large number of the members here in terms of high list percentages. It's all relative, and as long as you're willing to watch the classics (unlike other such "youngsters" who are willing to dismiss old films outright simply because they're not as exciting as newer films), I see no problem with that.
I'm more than willing to watch many of the classics; in fact, I'm excited to watch a lot of them. In the immediate future--as in, within the next three or so months--I know I'll be watching the entire Godfather trilogy for the first time, along with Citizen Kane, Some Like It Hot, A Fistful of Dollars and its two sequels, and Once Upon a Time in the West along with The Grapes of Wrath.

I'm pretty diverse with my movie-watching; I like pretty much every genre, but presently I haven't seen many Westerns or musicals at all. I watch a lot of movies from the early 80's on up; I'll soon begin to explore film before that time.

You should watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly first. :thumb:

They don't follow the same story-lines. In fact, Clint Eastwood doesn't even play the same character.

You should watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly first. :thumb:

They don't follow the same story-lines. In fact, Clint Eastwood doesn't even play the same character.
I can't wait to watch all three, as I haven't explored the Western genre much at all. The Quick and the Dead with Sharon Stone was really good.