Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

I forgot to comemnt on Network. I adored the unrealistic take on reality that takes elements from several points of reality, and connects them in a way that thoroughly gets the point across. I honestly like it more than 12 Angry Men.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Not only do I love this film, it's one of those films that seems to get stronger for me with every rewatch. I love how the score plays off of the film. I love the atmosphere and the eerie vibes we get. The performances are solid. The dialogue is severely underrated. I think Hitchcock nailed it here.

I also had a film that was in the 30s that missed the cut. Still like the film but it wasn't an oversight either because I don't love it like I used to.

Psycho's switch between protagonists and major plot elements was a bit noticeable, making both halves feel like two episodes in a series. But both episodes were phenomenally directed and acted. Norman and his plot was breathtaking.

Sean manages to hit the sweet spot just the once, though it takes a while and that doesn't include Star Wars which is eminently watchable but doesn't really excite me but is almost part of me.

I've not seen The Social Network (it's right at the edge of the time where I realised I didn't really like or watch films anymore, so I do have a copy) I saw Anatomy Of A Murder once but didn't think much of it TBH. Maybe I was expecting more? I don't know. The Apartment is OK but again not something which really floats my boat. The original Rocky is a really good film but I can't say that's what I want to watch and it doesn't inspire me to watch it again. Though if I caught it on TV I could well get involved in it. Star Wars is Star Wars.

Hiroshima, Mon Amour and The Master I haven't seen. I have no interest in the second of those. Goodfellas is the sweet spot and how sweet it is. It's in my top 10. Would it be now? Probably. Back to not seeing films with Vivre Sa Vie and No Country For Old Men, though I did watch the first 40 minutes of the latter. Can't say I was enjoying it. Stopped it to watch something else and never went back to it.

Only two from Raul. I've not seen Gone Baby Gone but Psycho is on my list and I agree with you that every watch gets better and better.

(Yes, I am currently rewatching Futurama and it's fantastic!)
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I've been awfully out of sync with this thread. Shame on me.

Shouldn’t be much longer everyone. We both went out of town within a couple days of each other so we are paused for just a few more days probably.

Kewl, should give Raul time to bring the OP up to date

A Miyzaki masterpiece. The story is one of the most imaginative and creative for me. Love the visuals. The way Miyazaki crafts his stories is just so flawless to me. My favorite animation film.

A Miyzaki masterpiece. The story is one of the most imaginative and creative for me. Love the visuals. The way Miyazaki crafts his stories is just so flawless to me. My favorite animation film.
My favorite animated film too and I'm not a big fan of animation but Spirited Away was amazing.

Basically a perfect movie for me. Crowe is awesome, Phoenix could be the greatest villains ever. The film looks gorgeous, it's a great story and a really nice cinematography. Flawless for me.