1970s movie - similar plot to Play Misty for Me

Tools    

Hi guys,

Kind of grasping at straws with this one because I can only remember really small bits of it and have exhausted google. Of course the one thing I remember the most is what the lounge room looks like in it which is useless in a google search

1.Movie came out in the 70s (early 80s at the latest). Could have also been a TV movie.

2.The lead actress is brunette who was popular at the time but is not Jane Seymour (I have already looked pretty hard under her name in iMBD and did not find it but is someone similar). Her main outfit is a white knitted jumper or jumper dress.

3.Has a plot similar to Jane Seymour's movie The Haunting Passion, where they move into a new house and then she is being stalked. (Except not by a ghost, nothing supernatural).

4.Has a really 1970s retro lounge room that has a sunken 'conversation pit' area that is blue and kind of looks like a kidney shaped swimming pool that takes up most of the room. The front door is a really dark double wooden door, house is single story.

I cannot recall if she has an affair, or if it just someone who is obsessed with her but she is married.

It had a similar vibe to Play Misty for Me but the villian/ victim gender roles are reversed.

In the ending the husband returns back home and is sitting out the front looking at the front doors and realises something is wrong and saves her.

We had this on VHS so it was released to home video if it is a TV movie.

Genre was a Suspense / Thriller...

Thank you!

The only stalker TV movie from the '70s I can think of is "Someone's Watching Me!" starring Lauren Hutton and directed by John Carpenter just before he made Halloween. But...the details you described really don't match up. She is a blonde, she lives in an apartment not a house, and she is the one who confronts the stalker at the end, not a husband or boyfriend.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hey, thank you for you reply.

Sadly this is not the one. I only remember the end scene well where the husband goes in and it is definitely a house because I was obsessed with the house and lounge room.

(Might not be a TV movie then. I'll have a bit more of a dig under normal movies)

Thank you though

Okay - last night I remembered more details of the movie - the wife gets given a dog as a gift because she is always home alone and she walkks it a couple of times in the movie. I remember a scene where she keeps asking it for a walk, gets the lead and then when she goes to open the door to go outside doesn't. 90% sure its a golden retreiver.

Okay - I found it!

Sorry guys, I was remembering a lot of it wrong and I have merged something else in with it.

The movie plot and actress I was thinking of was Love Hate Love and actress Lesley Ann Warren. It is a TV movie that came out in 1971 starring Ryan O'Neal and Peter Haskell.

I saw the rest of the outfits and the house that I am trying to remember from Mission Impossible which she acts in as well and merged the two together in my head. (Although the house in Love Hate Love is pretty on trend for the 70s too lol) The dog was also a German Shepherd and she did go on that walk.

The ending is also nothing like how I remembered either.

'Grats on finding it, thanks for both letting us know and for marking the thread as answered